Thread: Is anyone using these plugins?

Unregistered

Is anyone using these plugins?

Hi,

There are some standard plugins that I always use with Wordpress. I've listed them in order of importance. I would appreciate it if anyone who is using any one or all of them can confirm that they work with ClassiPress:

1) Bad Behavior (or WP-SpamFree)
    2) FD Feedburner
    3) W3 Total Cache
    4) Login Lockdown
    5) Broken Link Checker

Thanks for the help.

Rich

Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 Times in 3,264 Posts
    I have used Bad Behaviour and it works just fine. I can't comment on the rest as I have not yet tested them.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Unregistered
    Thanks. Bad Behavior is an important one for me.

Rich

Thanks
    Bad behaviour is great because it works by pre screening spam comments and etc but I bet you already know that.

Anyway, I will scrub the forum for users that might be using some of your listed plugins. I'll update this thread when I find a bunch.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Unregistered
    Thanks again. Most of these are security related plugins as you can tell. The toughest part of the project that I am contemplating is verifying the person who is placing the ad in order to minimize scam type ads. I think I have thought through a pretty good scheme and it will be interesting to talk to other members about their processes once I have purchased ClassiPress 3.1.

Thanks again for your help.

Rich

Thanks
    One prospect user I have encountered is contemplating on using phone verification but the cost involved is not just that inviting.

Unregistered
    Yes, I too have contemplated phone verification since that is what Craigslist is now using but I would have to code my own plugin and it is not clear what that would entail.

Right now, I am thinking of a two step process. The first step is that the user registers with email confirmation an email address that is the same one that is being used on an authority site, e.g. Google merchants, Bing, a local Chamber of Commerce, etc. Once this is completed, I would have to manually verify that the email address is a legitimate by comparing it to one of the authority sites. Unfortunately, it is a manual process since here is no way for me to automate this.

The purpose is to minimize fraudulent or prank ads.

Rich

Thanks
    Definitely, a bit of manual work is needed for any site to make it function properly and make users happy.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by jomarkosabel View Post
    Definitely, a bit of manual work is needed for any site to make it function properly and make users happy.
    Yes, I agree. If the site is successful, I will have to figure out ways to scale without overtaxing the manual hours available. Luckily though, there are authority sites that I can turn to that have already done a good job of verifying email addresses. The ones I listed seem to be the best, but as I get more into the process, I may find lists that have API that would allow me to automate at least some percentage of the new user registrations.

Rich

Thread Information