Thread: Blog creation/links

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Blog creation/links

Hello. I am very impressed with your product and am considering buying it in the near future.

I wanted to know if there was a way to use an existing wordpress blog in the blog section, or have the BLOG tab link to an existing blog URL when you click on it?

I hope my question is clear- basically what I am looking for is to keep my existing blog at its URL, but have some way to have the Blog also coexist on my separate classipress website concurrently.

Also, have you made any headway on having a sidebar widget that can enable users to search ad by location/city?

Thanks for your time; I look forward to your reply : )

Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 Times in 3,264 Posts

Re: Blog creation/links

If you have an existing wordpress blog you can simply install another instance of wordpress/classipress in a subdirectory or subdomain.

The search function that you are looking for is not yet a current feature of Classipress but there is possibility that it will be included in the next version since there is a clamor for it. However, some users were able to do some modification that will do just that. You can try searching the forum for the particular thread and I'll post the links when I find it too.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thread Information