Thread: Blog as default Startpage?

Thanks

Blog as default Startpage?

Hi guys,
    in your demo of Classipress the landing page is the classifieds page.

For me it is very important to have e.g. the blog page or any other page as starting page for all my users. Will this be switchable and without any knowledge of programming? Otherwise this would not be the right software for me.

Thanks for your answer.

Thanks
    You can set the blog as the static homepage in the WordPress admin, but since the theme is not technically designed to have the site appear this way, you may find that some links/functions do not work correctly without some customization.

Unregistered
    Would you be so kind and give me advice where to find this point in the admin section? i searched but couldnīt find this switch.

I donīt want to offer an unprofessional homepage with not propperly working links and other elements.

Is there no other way without having more costs to engage the blog as startpage? of course with working links!

Tankf you.

Thanks
    It's a WordPress option under General Settings > Reading, and you would change the "Front page displays" to a static page.

The issue is that doing this means that options like the featured ads slider and other links designed for the standard homepage don't tend to work anymore. It's this aspect that would require you to have some coding knowledge in order to get them functioning correctly.

Juergen Meier
    Hi there, iīd like to have a different starting page too and iīm curious what this coding costs if it is done by the author of the script.

In this case, could the author send me a note and make me a fair price - if possible? next question: what, if an update comes? will the author provide me with info what and where code was changed?

My email is jms@prysma.de

Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 Times in 3,264 Posts
    The Appthemes Development team does not offer customization services as they are more focused on theme development however you may check some of Appthemes certified partner here Certified WordPress Theme Partners | AppThemes to do the customization work for you.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thread Information