Thread: Browse by Location

Unregistered

Browse by Location

I am considering purchasing the Ultimate Edition. With this version, is it possible that my customers can browse by location and not just by category?

Thanks
    The function of each licence is the same when it comes to searching. With all versions, you can use the actual search field in the sidebar to search for anything, by typing in the item name, username, location, or whatever..

In a future release of ClassiPress there will be the ability to filter these locations with the use of a custom filter widget, however this feature is not available at this time. Some users have already customized their own sites to include specific separate location search, such as what you can see here: http://www.postpanda.com/

Unregistered

more possibilities

Post Panda has much more possibilities!
    how to get the benefit?

- Report this AD
    - Searchbar
    - Featured Flag
    - Better representation

Sorry for my English!

Thanks
    The owner of that site has made some great customizations to achieve some of the features you are asking about, and I believe he will be offering tutorials for some of the mods for a small fee in the near future. There are also other coders for hire available in our ClassiPress theme services thread (that part of the forums is accessable to ClassiPress customers). The report ad feature is something on the roadmap to be available in a future release of ClassiPress.

Thanks
    His use of the Autocompleter wordpress plugin gives me hope that search can geographic searches can improve on ClassiPress.

I wonder if Autocompleter can also work on fields when users are submitting a post? ClassiPress really needs to implement something like this (also chained fields) to support users whose sites are covering a whole country or more. Yes, I'm repeating this ad nausea...sorry.

Thanks
    Actually the WP Custom Search works with all your needs. I have testet it in a normal wp configuration and it's perfect.
    But it's not working under Classipress.
    That's a pitty because it would customize all requirments that classified pages have. For instance on my side user want to search for shoes in a certain city with a specific price. (it's an trekking and outdoor site).
    That works with this plugin.
    What's the reason that some plugins don't work with classipress but in normal wordpress?

Thanks
    Folks, is there no one, who has worked with this plugin? WP Custom Search works properly with "normal" Wordpress installations. However it doesn't work with Clasified Ads.
    Any solutions?

Thanks
    I was just thinking about some sort of advanced search/custom search.
    I am running a pet classified for Canada and would love to be able to allwo a person to search by city/breed/etc.

I'm watching this thread!

Thread Information