Thread: Bulk invite of users possible?

Unregistered

Bulk invite of users possible?

Hello,

I'm thinking about buying classipress but have a certain question upfront:

In order to get my classifieds-site going, I want to have a few 100 users and adds online allready when I start the promotion. Therefor I thought about "bulk-invites" of people currently using other services similar to what I'm planning. I mean: I'd love to copy someones add from lets say ebay, add it to my site, than send him a message with user login for "his" account on my site and the info that an ad has already been generated for him; he just needs to approve this ad in order to finaly show it on the site.

So, what I would love to know is the following:

1) Is there any chance to manually add a new ad as an ADMIN and afterwards "attach it" to another user as if he added it originally?

2) Is there any chance to give this new user the chance to "aprove" this pre-added ad that was generated for him?

Thanks for any suggestions

Nikolaus

Thanks
    1) Yes, you can definitely do this, you can create ads and just go into the ad details and change the ad author to the name of the other account you with the ad to be attached to.

2) This is not currently how things are set up to work as such, but there is a pause ad option in the customer dashboard. Essentially you could create the ad, and the customer has the option to pause the ad from their customer dashboard if they don't want it live, or the other way around, you put it in draft mode it, meaning the customer has to un-pause it to start the listing..

In terms of collecting all the information and posting the 100's of ads as you describe though, that in itself is going to be a big undertaking for you anyway.. good luck with that.

Unregistered

thanks!!

great suggestions - although you're right: its going to take a while. but what have we got amazon mechanical turk for? ;)

cheers so far

Thanks
    I'm considering buying Classipress, but this is an obstacle I've been trying to figure out as well. I've posted an idea to implement Oodle's API to import ads, similar to the Indeed integration with Jobroller. Oodle API Integration

Thread Information