Thread: Business Directory Ideas & Questions

Unregistered

Business Directory Ideas & Questions

Hi friends,
    In reply to a twitter post that asked for ideas, here goes some of mine as I have seen many bz directories out there and many have good features but lack some fundamental ones in order to become effective:

- Search by: keyword, category, city, city sections (neighborhoods) Some very efficient
    - Front page with: Featured (paid sponsors) ads, Featured (by most comments and/or stars) This way, we can create a business directory where people come for the reliability of it because of the amount of comments/feedback just like what eBay does. It gives new customers confidence about a business. That also causes the businesses to keep active in the website and never drop their membership. That would also cause the businesses that are not there yet to feel like they need to be there as well in order to build some reputation too. In a few words, I believe eBay's feedback system is very powerful for the business and for future customers.
    - after searching: (gym - for example) it would appear a map with the icons of the gyms nearby. using google maps, just as it is with classipress, but now it would also show all the related searches on the front page.
    - ability to integrate it with classipress, coupon and job themes so it would become a website where people would go not only for local businesses directory but would bring even more users searching for jobs, classifieds and coupons. That would also be a good deal for appthemes. I would definitely buy all of them to make a more wholesome website somewhat similar to http://www.demodirectory.com/index.php
    - here is one nice directory: http://www.grstar.com/Carlos_OKellys_Mexican_Cafe.html
    - nice directory review driven http://www.thomsonlocal.com/
    - nowadays review has become real big and can influence greatly new customers. so there could be a feature where reviews/stars bump a bz up on the listing. It would be simply a "search by popularity" feature. So besides paying for being listed, the way they would get "on the first pages" they would need lots of good reviews. Or become a featured sponsor. All this would bring not only income to the site owner but also would create a commitment from the business as many of them may list their business and just abandon it there and thus be discouraged to renew their membership later when they don't "feel" they are having much return from it. But if we get them to be committed to getting customers'reviews, they will be building up not only reputation but also a strong tie with the directory website.
    - a lot of classipress features are nice for a bz directory
    Hope that helps

Thanks
    I'll take all this information and will think about a new childtheme.

... you must expect something better than http://vendoapple.com ;)

Regards,

r u b e n c i o . c o m

Since 2010 providing AppThemes solutions,
    Plugins and the best childthemes...

Thanks
    Thanked 3,403 Times in 3,274 Posts
    Those are great features you have mentioned are already discussed in the forum. Though some these are not yet a current feature of Classipress they can be implemented through custom coding. You can modify Classipress according to your preference since there are no encrypted codes. Implementation is just dependent upon your coding skills or you can just let someone do it for you.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thanks
    I can just do it for him/her! ClassiPress it is so far the best WP platform for Ads in order to customize so...
    @Guest, just drop me a line, explain me your needs and we will start your project ASAP.
    Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by jomarkosabel View Post
    Those are great features you have mentioned are already discussed in the forum. Though some these are not yet a current feature of Classipress they can be implemented through custom coding. You can modify Classipress according to your preference since there are no encrypted codes. Implementation is just dependent upon your coding skills or you can just let someone do it for you.

r u b e n c i o . c o m

Thanks
    Thanked 3,403 Times in 3,274 Posts
    Yup rubencio has already done some good Classipress modification.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thanks
    thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by jomarkosabel View Post
    Yup rubencio has already done some good Classipress modification.

r u b e n c i o . c o m

Thread Information