Thread: Before buy I have to ask

Radu

Before buy I have to ask

I am looking to buying this nice theme, BUT
    There are couple of questions I have to ask

Lopking at the demo i realized 2 things

1. Price is sometimes looking odd like there are a lot of characters there. Is not limited to NUMERIC ?
    2. How can I arrange the adds by price. For instance I want to look for an item (car) in a cathegory (cars) le's say.
    Then I see lots of cars . I need to be able to sort on fileds.

For instance if i make a drop down : Brands and posters will use it , when I am searching I need to be able to search by brand, no ? Or at least by price.

I know there is no advanced search (and this is a pity) but i see that in version prior to 3.0 there was at least the option to search on fields like price.
    What is the purpose of classifieds if you cannot sort on price ?

Is there such an option ?

Thank you

Radu

Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 Times in 3,264 Posts
    1. You can limit the price field to numeric.
    2. No advanced search feature yet on the current version but it is planned to be included on the next. However, some users were able to implement custom field search either through the use of a plugin or through custom coding.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Radu

Thank you for your reply

I did read the posts and it looks like there is a way to do some child theme with numeric field.

One more questions before buying. Since I cannot read the closed forums.
    Is there any succes in ordering searches by price , or listing cathegory by price in CP 3.0.x . i am not afraid in doing some coding but I do not feel like I have enough skills I time to reivent the wheel.
    But with some tutorials I can do the job if is reasonable enough.

Thank you.
    Radu

Great theme you have here anyway.

Thanks
    Some users have done it using the WP Custom Field Plugin with Classipress version 3.0.4. However the plugin will not work with the latest version of Classipress (version 3.0.5.3) as it is now using custom post types.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Unregistered
    I have another question. Does the classipress theme allow you to separate postings by city and state?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I have another question. Does the classipress theme allow you to separate postings by city and state?
    You have the option to separate them by categories. If you want to list them completely separated you could configure wordpress as multisite and use a separate blog for each city or state.

Unregistered
    Awesome tip thanks. Also is there any way to set up the theme so that google AdSense can be integrated in the posts? I know there is a plug-in to integrate google adsense into posts by the administrator in other themes but what about posts by guests on classipress?

Thanks
    There is a built option for that in the Classipress admin but not for the guests.

Thread Information