Thread: Can a Classipress project be migrated into a Vantage project without losing data?

Thanks

Can a Classipress project be migrated into a Vantage project without losing data?

Just wondering if I can build a project in Classipress (modifying it for use as a business directory) and then simply change the theme to Vantage without too much loss of data? Or are they too different in the background for the data to move easily between them?

Thanks
    Without having used Vantage yet personally, it's hard to say for sure.. I imagine it would mostly seem ok, but there could be some issues, like functions or fields from Vantage which may not have existed in ClassiPress which would then involve some manual input. I am thinking back to when we upgraded from ClassiPress version 2.9.x to 3.0 and how certain features didn't automatically work for legacy ads..

My guess is that it could be a bit of a hassel depending on how many ads you have on your site at the time of changing the theme.. Personally I would think if you were going to go to the trouble of customizing ClassiPress, you may as well make it how you want and stick with it, or hold off altogether until Vantage is released. That's really your call though of course..

Thread Information