Thread: Can I combine features with VANTAGE?

Unregistered

Can I combine features with VANTAGE?

We will be building a site with both Classified ads and a Business directory. Can I buy both themes and combine the features? For example, install both themes, use one as the default, then use the plugins that come with both to use all the features? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Thanks
    The features of these themes are not available as individual plugins, so integrating features from both on the same site would require either customization on your part, or use of both themes in subdirectories,

e.g.
    yourdomain.com <== Your Vantage installation
    yourdomain.com/classifieds <== Your ClassiPress installation

If purchasing both themes you can also find products such as TwinPress which essentially is two child themes which help style the two themes to be used on one site in conjunction with a WordPress multisite setup. More information can be found on the marketplace page. Thanks.

Unregistered
    So, would what you are suggesting be a Wordpress multi-site setup or two separate Wordpress installs? I haven't used multi-site before - would this be a good use for it? Would a user need two separate logins (one for the Vantage section and one for the ClassiPress section)? Do you think customization would be a better/cleaner solution?

Thanks!

Thanks
    A common setup with customers using multiple themes is via WordPress multisite, as this would also allow you to share the user database and thus allow a single login for the user. Customization would be more work/cost more to implement, but it's ultimately up to you in terms of what you'd like to do. AppThemes does not offer customization services, however if you need an idea regarding either of the options we do have a certified partners page where you can find developers for hire. Thanks.

Thread Information