Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can i create my own choice search bar in Classipress

Unregistered

Can i create my own choice search bar in Classipress

Good day,

I want to know that can i create a search bar for the users choice for specific options like this i mention here in this link . And is it available in Standard Edition or i have to purchase developer edition but i don,t know the complete coding . So please tell me in detail that will it possible for me to create an advance search bar for specific categories.

Thanks

Unregistered

Screen Shot for advance search bar as i want to create !

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8387666...in/photostream

Here is the screenshot of specific advance search bar for specific categories so that you can understand well what exactly i want to ask about . It,s actually for automotive . But i want to create a different advance search bar for each category with it,s own specification . So can i create it myself please help me out to understand that is it available in standard edition of classipress or not ??? And if yes than where can i make these changes .

Thanks

Thanks
    Here is a link to the custom search function available for ClassiPress:
    http://demos.appthemes.com/classipress/ad-category/auto

Additionally, one of our community members created a plugin to provide even more advanced search features. You see that here:
    http://wprabbits.com/product/advance...or-classipress

The advanced search features that you provide in your link would require significant customization. We do not provide customization services but you can check our partners page here: http://www.appthemes.com/partners

Cheers!

Unregistered

Can i create more labels according to my need ???

Can i create more labels according to my need ??? or or is there any plugin for showing check boxes in searchbars ???

Thanks
    I'm not sure what you mean by "labels". You can create custom fields. The custom form builder in ClassiPress allows you to create custom fields. If you created some advanced search functionally - similar to the features found in your screenshot - you could, presumably, modify or filter results using the custom fields.

I don't know of a plugin, that has been tested with ClassiPress and shown to work, that adds check boxes to searchbars.

Cheers!

Unregistered

Can i create Different Custom fields for different category

Dear just make me sure that with that plugin Can i create different custom fields for different category like if some one want to search for a Car than search bar shows the custom fields related to the category for automotive spcifications options like:

Manufacturer: BMW,Corolla,Suzuki,GMC,HONDA

Body type: 2 doors,4 doors

Number of cylinder: 4,6,8,10,12

Horse power: 99,200,200+

Transmission type: Manual transmission,Automatic Transmission

Colour: Black,white,red,maroon,)

And if some one want to search for a computer than the search bar shows it,s specification

Brand: DELL,TOSHIBA,HP

Warranty: Yes,No,Does not apply

Memory: 512 MB or more,1 GB or more,2 GB or more,4 GB or more Other amount

Processor Speed: 1 GHz or more 2 GHz or more

Hard Drive: 100 - 249 GB, 250 - 499 GB, 500 - 749 GB

I know these specification are not given in that plugin by default and i have to add these specification according to the need of different categories by myself but i just want to confirm that is it possible or not with the admin panel . Because i don,t know the editing or adding of codes . I just can operate wordpress through it,s panel . Or it,s initial stages like adding logo etc.
    Now i think i completely explain here what exactly i am looking for specially for categories specification in advance search bar .

Really appreciate your precious time and a great support .

Regards

Thanks
    You would be able to add the custom fields via the custom form builder in the WordPress admin.

You would not be able to add any of the custom fields to filter or sort search via the WordPress admin. It would require significant customization and development.

Unregistered

And from where it could be develop and how much it would be charge ??

And from where it could be develop and how much it would be charge ?? U know dear that what exactly fields i need which i explain in my last reply . Give any idea how much it would be charge for creating such search sortings and custom fields . Thanks

Thanks
    AppThemes does not offer customization services, however we do have a certified partners page where you can find developers for hire. They should be able to provide an indication of pricing if you make contact with them directly with an outline of your requirements (perhaps a link to this thread will save you explaining the details again). Thanks :)

Unregistered

Thanks a lot ! I am quite satisfy with the Support :-)

I really appreciate your support at appthemes.com

You gave each and every answer of my hectic irritating question and really thanks for all who get connected through out our conversation time by time .

Cheers Support Team

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information