Thread: Can I integrate within existing user database?

GhostCav

Can I integrate within existing user database?

I tried to read the "similar threads" relating to my question, one was vague, the other was limited to members. (i.e. http://forums.appthemes.com/forum-classipress-6137/ ) I understand that Job Roller is a theme and requires a an existing WP installation. Is there anyway of integrating the databases so that Wordpress & JobRoller share the same users? I read a response by one of your moderators, "jomarkosabel" and they stated, "You may install another instance of wordpress either in a folder and subdomain and put it as part of the menu link in your main website." I also read a nice explanation by pepsi in January.

Now upon doing what jomarkosabel or pepsi stated,there would be two separate databases. I could always provide a link on the main wordpress site to connect to JobRoller themed wordpress, but is there a workaround for this so that they may share users? Thanks.

Thank you.

Thanks
    Yes by default there would be two separate databases with two instances of WordPress, but you can definitely share the user database with some additional configuration. You kind of have 2 options, going for the multisite setup, or just by sharing the table only, as explained on this site (There are a number of tutorials you can find in Google which explains how to do this, so this is just one of them found in a quick search).

GhostCav

Thanks

Thank you Pepsi!

Thread Information