Thread: Can I use this to build one section in my site?

Unregistered

Can I use this to build one section in my site?

Hello, I am looking to add a yelp like ratings and reviews section to the site. A few questions..

1) Is this theme suitable only for sites that are doing this yelp type review as the entire site or is it also used where this ratings is built as a section (one of the main navigation sections) of the site. In other words, is this a full-fledged theme or a plugin?

2) Can we allow users to add the listing itself (not just ratings and reviews for an existing listing)

3) Is there a way to have this separated by city. In my site, we have city pages for 10 big cities. Each city page will have classifieds, events, reviews for that city. I would like all reviews to be powered by this, but only reviews for a particular city show up on that city page. Can I accomplish that?

Thank you.

Thanks
    In answer to your questions:

1) Vantage is a stand alone theme, not a plugin.

2) Yes, you can allow users to place listings either for free or at a cost - you can also allow businesses to claim their listings for a fee.

3) Vantage doesn't separate listings by location as such, although users can search locations, but if you are looking to take it further so that each location has its own set of listings you'd essentially want to look at a WordPress multisite setup so that each location has its own instance. Additional customization would be required if you were looking to set up a landing page or something similar. Whilst AppThemes doesn't offer customization services, we do have a certified partners page where you can find developers for hire who are experienced at working with our themes. Thanks.

Thread Information