Thread: Can you use Classipress within another WP template? (Detailed question)

Thanks

Can you use Classipress within another WP template? (Detailed question)

I am very interested in purchasing the Classipress template. My current WP template is Solostream’s DaVinci theme, and I really like the customization. But, it has limitations producing what I see from the Classipress demo site. I would like to integrate the two by keeping DaVinci and creating a Classifieds Page (via top level navigation, not category navigation) for Classipress.

1. Is this possible?
    2. Earlier threads recommend creating a separate folder or subdomain. Which, in your opinion, is easier and/or more efficient?
    3. Would there be conflict between the themes?
    4. By keeping the above set-up, would the DaVinci theme (styling/color) remain, or would the Classipress folder/subdomain page have a different look/navigation?

Thanks
    1. ClassiPress is a stand alone theme, so is not made to be integrated into an existing theme.
    2. Yes, the easiest option to use ClassiPress with your existing theme would be to install another instance of WordPress in a subdirectory and create links between the two e.g.
    www.yourdomain.com <== Your current site
    www.yourdomain.com/classifieds <== Your ClassiPress installation
    3. No, because they would be installed on totally different WordPress installations.
    4. If you did as mentioned in point 2, then no, your original theme wouldn't be effected at all. The ClassiPress installation though would have the default look at the theme itself, so if you want it to resemble your existing theme you would need to do some customizations to achieve this.

Thanks
    Do you offer on-request customizations at this time? If so, what is the cost and what is the best way to contact you with details?

BTW, I just went through the Classipress dashboard demo... very nice set-up. I think it's just what I've been looking for. I can keep the community pages of my other theme and link with the capabilities of the CP theme to create a powerful site. Your theme will save me a ton of design time!

I have one final pre-sales question re purchase of multiple themes, but I'll do that in a separate post in case anyone else has the same question.

Thank you!
    Dan

Thanks
    The AppThemes team doesn't offer customization services, however we do have a Certified Partners Page where you can find developers for hire. If you select one and contact them directly with your needs, they should be able to give you an estimate on the work :)

Thread Information