Thread: Canonical, URLs & Filters

Unregistered

Canonical, URLs & Filters

Dear Sir/Madame,

I am looking to purchase your classifieds theme. I do however require the theme to be able to handle the use of canonical tags within search results, exhibit clean product/listing URLs and include the use of filters on search results.

Ultimately the purchase of this theme depends on if it allows for canonical tags on search results pages, if classified ads listing URLs are as clean as www.domain.co.uk/Listing-Name and if within the search results one can choose from a list in a sidebar to filter the results down. Are all of these possible with your theme?

Thanks,
    Natalie

Thanks
    You can use a plugin such as WordPress SEO by Yoast (which is a popular SEO plugin amongst members of our community using ClassiPress), and one of the features of this is:

When Google introduced the canonical link element, to distinguish the “original” page from derivative pages within your site carrying the same content, they reached out to me to develop a WordPress plugin for it, and I did. Later on, canonical link elements were added to core. They work fine, with one caveat: they only work for single posts and pages, not for categories and tags, not for the homepage. The WordPress SEO plugin fixes that, and sets the correct canonical on each of those pages.
    In terms of the URL you can see the default structure on the ClassiPress demo site. Our themes use custom post types, so the ad category is displayed in the URL. On that link you can also see the advanced search functionality which is determined by the custom fields you choose to have in the sidebar. If you are looking for specific sort functionality for ClassiPress search results, you may also like to look at some of the available plugins in the AppThemes marketplace which are specifically for that purpose. Thanks.

Thread Information