Thread: Categories based on location (city/country)

Unregistered

Categories based on location (city/country)

I am interested in VANTAGE Theme.

If I do a search by city, ex: "New Jersey", I would like to see NOT ALL CATEGORIES but only those ones that has at least one business location in New Jersey, in top Menu and Sidebar.

Is it possible?

Another question is about permalink and url (slug) in WP: Can I set up a location based on URL?, ex: www . mysite . com/new-jersey/

Is your theme compatible with these features? -> www . ligeiro . com . br/Business-Directory-Listing.pdf (I am looking for something like this)

Thank You

Thanks
    In the Vantage admin dashboard you can hide empty sub-categories from the dropdown menu and category page, you can see these settings from the Vantage demo. The actual listing URLs are not separated into location by default, so it would require some customization if you were looking to change the way these are currently structured.

You can read all the details about the theme features as well as view the front and back end demo sites from the theme information page, but as well as this, you may also like to check out the Multi-City AV plugin available in the AppThemes marketplace which offers a location filter as shown on the document you have linked to (this is not available in the theme by default). Thanks.

Unregistered

Set State and City in the top

Thank you for your response!

I would like to work with a business directory not only for some locations or niches, but for an entire country, with many states/regions and their cities.

So, the plugin mentioned "Multi-City AV" won't work for me, because my country has more than five thousand cities. I would need to filter the state before filtering the city.

This is a feature I really need, and it is a factor that will decide if I am going to buy your product or another one.

Honestly, I am between Vantage and GeoTheme, despite the latter have many features, I confess it seems a little "ugly", so, Vantage is my first choice.

About this feature (filter by State/City), can you give me some directions to implement it manually? I am a PHP programmer, I guess I can try.

Thank you one more time.

Thanks
    Vantage is not multi-region capable by default at this time, so if you are looking for an alternative solution you could look at setting up subdomains for regions such as what has been done on this site as featured in the AppThemes customer showcase. You would be looking at a WordPress multisite setup with multiple installations and some customization to tie them together in the homepage, but it would give the end result of a unified site where you can select the region relevant to your location. Thanks.

Unregistered

Multiregion website

The solution you suggested is exactly what I was planning on doing: using WPMU.

I think I've made my decision: I will buy Vantage, and I hope that it will support multiple regions in the near future.

Thank you.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    The solution you suggested is exactly what I was planning on doing: using WPMU.

I think I've made my decision: I will buy Vantage, and I hope that it will support multiple regions in the near future.

Thank you.

What do you mean by WPMU?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    What do you mean by WPMU?
    You can read more about it here :)

Thread Information