Thread: Categories modifications

Unregistered

Categories modifications

Ive noticed in your ClassiPress theme everything is located under categories but I could not see a way to make a custom form within the header. Can this be done??

IE:
    Categories
    -Men
    -Women
    -Kids

Instead in the header have the following
    Men
    -Pants
    -Shirts
    -something
    Women
    -something
    kids
    -something

So in general instead of Categories I would create a form named Men, Women, Kids for the header. If it can be done how and do you have a tutorial???

Unregistered

Categories modifications

Ive noticed in your ClassiPress theme everything is located under categories but I could not see a way to make a custom form within the header. Can this be done??

IE:
    Categories
    -Men
    -Women
    -Kids

Men
    -Pants
    -Shirts
    -something
    Women
    -something
    kids
    -something

So in general instead of Categories I would create a form named Men, Women, Kids for the header. If it can be done how and do you have a tutorial???

- - - Updated - - -

IE:
    Categories
    -Men
    -Women
    -Kids

Men
    -Pants
    -Shirts
    -something
    Women
    -something
    kids
    -something

- - - Updated - - -

This person was able to modify it: http://runninghorses.net/

I also see they added another menu but I would assume this isnt offered as a standard option and a back end mod??

Thanks
    The native WordPress custom menus functionality allows you to modify the menu options which appears, as you can see here from the ClassiPress admin dashboard - you can select ad categories from there. Thanks.

Unregistered
    My apologies but I believe you are missing what I am asking. In your demo you have page named categories assigned to the menu header. In your Ad categories they automatically populate created ads to the Categorie's menu. I want to change this. Example

In your demo you have in the header:
    Home - Categories - Blog - Help - About

I wanted mine to appear as:
    Home - Auto - Books, etc, etc.. Essentially allowing all Parent Ad Categories to be allowed in the Header and when someone fills out a form it will update to the selected.

Can this be done??

After reviewing your Categories page it shows Template "Categories Template". Can I create more than one Categories Template to accomplish a categories list in the header??

Thanks
    Yes, as mentioned, in the WordPress admin dashboard > Appearance > Menus, you can create a custom menu. Within that screen you can choose from the list of "Ad Categories" if you want those to appear in the menu, so this should effectively give you what you're looking for. If you haven't looked at the screen I refer to then please check it out and let me know if it still doesn't apply :)

Unregistered
    when I try to test your theme it gives me a denial message. "Items cannot be saved"

Thanks
    Please note that whilst the demo site is fully functional, data cannot be saved so this is the only reason why you're receiving this error. You can clearly see from the demo site itself though, that the options I described are there. Thanks.

Thread Information