Thread: Category problem

Unregistered

Category problem

Hi, I am concidering to buy your software to start a car classifieds site. The problem is that i want to divide into categories like: Ford -> Transit, and like a hundred other subcategories under each top-category, this would make a very large dropdown when clicking Categories from the menu, and a large front page category listing. Is it possible to have only "Ford", "Audi", "BMW" and so on in the front page, and when you i.e click "Ford" from the frontpage you get a listing of all subgategories so that you can browse on to the one model you are looking for, or would clicking "Ford" from the frontpage result in displaying every ford that is submitted to the directory, not divided by subcategories/models ?

Thanks
    You can set your ClassiPress options to display only the parent category on the homepage. Clicking this will result in all ads for that parent appearing, however you can then select from the subcategories which will appear in the sidebar, to then display the relevant model only within that parent.

The search in the sidebar would also achieve the same result of only displaying the relevant model..

Thread Information