Thread: Change terminology in classipress

Unregistered

Change terminology in classipress

Hi, I want to use this theme to develop a book donation website. So I need to change the terminology used in the theme. Suppose instead of 'post an ad' i want to use 'Donate a Book'. Also word 'seller' should be replaced by the word 'donor'.

All the listings will be free and so I should be able to disable the paid functionality in the front end.

Is there a provision to change the status of the listing? suppose if a book is donated, the donor should be able to change the status of the listing to 'donated' or he should be able to delete it.

Thanks
    Whilst there is no specific setting in the ClassiPress admin dashboard to change the text as you describe, you can make modifications to the default theme files as there is no encryption which would prevent you from doing so. Yes, you can offer free ad posting. Users can edit their own ads from their customer dashboard, so they can pause it which prevents it from appearing in the front-end. They cannot delete the ad though. Thanks.

Unregistered
    Can I have status of the listing? Suppose if the book is donated, we have to change the status of the listing to 'donated' and we should be able to enter the details of the person who took that book as a donation. If the status of the listing is available then those field should be hidden. Is that possible with custom fields?

Thanks
    By default, there is no hidden fields option in the ClassiPress custom forms function. There is a plugin in the AppThemes marketplace which allows hidden fields to an extent, so you may want to check out Advanced custom fields for ClassiPress (and please feel free to seek clarification from the plugin developer on their marketplace page if you need to). Otherwise, it would involve customization on your part. Thanks.

Unregistered
    OK! I also want to generate the data of donated books. As you told that once the book is donated, we'll pause that listing. Is it possible to get the data of paused ads?

Thanks
    When the ad itself is paused, it is sent back to draft mode and no longer visible from the front end for site visitors, but the ad poster can still see it in their customer dashboard (and can un-pause the ad if it's still within the duration of the listing). The Ad data itself is still available from within the WordPress admin dashboard unless actually deleted. Thanks.

Unregistered
    What I'm asking is something different. In the admin dashboard, data of total live ads, total pending ads etc., is displayed. I also want to display the no of listing marked as sold, number of listings paused and number of listing deleted. Is that possible?

Thanks
    Ok, thanks for the clarification. There is no specific function or reporting tool for seeing this information by default, so it would only be possible by way of customization on your part. Thanks.

Thread Information