Thread: Changing geographical location

seibenhousen

Changing geographical location

Hi, I noticed on the demo that you can search by city, state, post code and country. Though there are many countries listed, when i select a country other than the US, the states don't change. I am located in Australia, but I would like the site to be used worldwide and for it to be customised to the specific country and state that the user inputs. Can Classipress accommodate this?

cheers

Thanks
    The location selection is not a dynamic dropdown function, so when you select a country that's correct that it doesn't bring up States for that specific country. Currently you can edit/delete or add to the State dropdown (even rename the "State" field) to something relevant to your location if you wish. Thanks.

seibenhousen

dynamic map

Well I would like the map to be dynamic so it could search all locations worldwide. When a country was selected i would then like it to list only relevant states and cities, rather than listing all states that have been added. Is this possible? If not can i download a different widget to replace this box, that would link up to the site??

This is very absurd and I'm sure it could be easily fixed on your behalf!

Unregistered

Is this for real?

Is this for real? If my site were meant for end-users in China, for example, and they click on the drop-down and click on China (for the country), they would then see a list of states in the USA and not China? And even if I were to add all the provinces (i.e. states) in China, the end-users would still see the U.S. states in the list?

Thanks
    If you wish to implement a dynamic drop down for this yourself then you are welcome to do so, our themes are not encrypted so there are no restrictions which would prevent you from customizing the theme to suit your needs.

Correct, if you select China currently, you'll still get the pre-determined States or list of other States along with any added (if you happen to leave that field on your ad creation form). ClassiPress has a custom forms and fields functionality, so if you don't wish you use that field at all then you don't have to. Alternatively, if you're using the theme for multiple countries, you may wish to consider a WordPress multisite setup in order to allow each country its own allocated subdomain (thus allowing the display of only relevant countries/states). Thanks.

Thread Information