Thread: Child Theme or Not?

gogorock

Child Theme or Not?

Dear Support:

Sorry i need to ask this question before i buy the Directory - The Vantage Child theme...

May i know if i only buy this Directory - Child theme but not the Vantage theme, will it work? Or do i need to buy the Vantage theme first, then in order to have a look and functions like The Directory (released on May 2014) , then i need to purchase again this child theme to make it work?

And second question is: If i would like to join the AppThemes Club Developer, do i still need to purchase this Developer Child theme for Vantage? Will it be already included in the Club Developer package and hence i do not need to purchase it anymore?

Sorry, I am very new to wordpress.

Thanks.

Bill

Thanks
    In order to use any child theme, you must have the parent theme installed first or the child theme will not function. So yes, you need to purchase Vantage in addition to the child theme you wish to purchase.

The AppThemes club package includes all current AppThemes created themes and AppThemes created marketplace products (this is also explained in more detail on our pricing page), so to clarify, as the Directory child theme was not created by AppThemes, it is not included in the AppThemes club package. You can see the Author information in the sidebar of that marketplace page. Thanks.

Thread Information