Thread: Choosing the users to be charged after a certain period

Unregistered

Choosing the users to be charged after a certain period

As I see it, it seems Classipress presents two options as regards charging for the ads: Either all users are charged or none are charged by offering the Free add option.
    Would it be possible to implement a selection of users that will be charged after a period of time ?
    I would like to start the classifieds site by offering free ads for a period of 60 days. The problem is that some users would be starting the 60 day free period and others would be
    finishing it. How would I allow those starting to get posting ads for free during 60 days while at the same time charging those that are finishing the 60 day period when they post another ad
    at the end of their 60 days? My purchasing the Theme will depend on a satisfactory solution for this problem.
    Robert

Thanks
    With ClassiPress it is possible to have a mixture of free and paid ads with the use of the Ads Packs functionality (or even with the "Price per category" pricing plan - but that of course is specific to categories). You can set the price and duration of these packages for distinction between the free and paid ads, but not the ability to charge only after a certain period of time.

If you were looking for a solution that didn't involve customization of the theme in any way, you could potentially make use of the membership packs functionality which could see you offering a limited time price for an unlimited amount of listings in a set time frame - which you could manually assign to users (although depending on the number of new registrations you expect, this could be more of a task to manage). Outside of this, it would require modification of the default theme to implement other payment options as you describe.

Thread Information