Thread: ClassiPress as a Barter - Trading Website?

Unregistered

ClassiPress as a Barter - Trading Website?

Hi,

I am looking for either a WordPress theme or plugin for a Bartering / Trading website and came across ClassiPress and have a few questions before i decide if it will work for my project.

I need to know if the "Price" field can be removed and replaced with a "Will Barter For" or "Will Trade For" field?

Also i have noticed on the demo that all listings have a Price Tag with a Price displayed on it so my question is can this also be removed?

It appears that ClassiPress might work for my project if i can make these changes to it without the need for a programmer.

So basically i don't want any reference or fields related to an "Asking Price" as the only items that will be allowed to be posted will be items people are looking to trade and barter.

If it is not possible to remove the price then is it possible to turn the price fields off and on as/or if needed and if so then all i would need to have is the "Will Barter For" and "Will Trade For" fields added with the ability to turn those fields on and off as needed as well.

Thanks for any and all help with this in advance.

Thanks
    There is no specific setting in the ClassiPress admin to remove the price tag image itself, this would require some minor modification of the default theme files in order to have it not appear. The price field itself can either be left off a custom ad form if you don't want it to be completed by the ad poster. You could add a custom field with dropdown options for "Will Barter" or "Will Trade For" which would appear in the ad itself, but some modification would be required if you wanted it to appear on the main ad index page. Thanks.

Unregistered
    Would these modifications require hiring a programmer or is it something that can be done by a person with basic knowledge of HTML, CSS?

Thanks
    This is ultimately relative to your level of coding knowledge, and if you're going to rely on instructions in order to make the changes, then it's possible a programmer would be required as you may not find the instructions you need readily available to you. AppThemes does not offer support for customizations or customization services, so you could either seek community based support only within the forums as a customer, or you could contact a developer for hire from our certified partners page. If you make contact directly with an outline of your requirements, they can provide a quote for the changes Thanks.

Thread Information