Thread: ClassiPress capabilities and functionallity with Multisite

The Original B3

ClassiPress capabilities and functionallity with Multisite

I'm new to WordPress and ClassiPress, and I'm not a programmer so please go easy on the "technical lingo".

Can ClassiPress be altered to make each sub-site an individual web-store...ie...

I create a ClassiPress site called Horse Blanket Store. On this site there is only advertising widgets and links to the sub-sites. The sub-sites would be purchased by other individuals that also make and sell Horse Blankets...ie... Joe's Custom Horse Blankets. The difference is, on the sub-sites, the "classified ads" are only listed by "Joe" and NOT the site visitors. Site visitors would go to horseblanketstore.com/joescustomhorseblankets to view and purchase Joes blankets.

Second question;
    In the senario above, could Joe also upload his own company logo?

Thanks
    It sounds as though you may be looking at setting up a WordPress multisite network, although some additional customization of the theme itself would be required in terms of having a different homepage from the default listing layout and allowing customers to select from the different stores. But yes, you can disable registration for others meaning only you can place the ads. Please also note that ClassiPress is not an eCommerce theme, so by default there is no shopping cart functionality which allows people to buy from the stores online. Ultimately ClassiPress is not encrypted, so you are free to make whatever changes you like to suit your needs. Thanks.

Thread Information