Thread: Classipress discount certificates

Unregistered

Classipress discount certificates

I understand that classipress does not have the facility to issue discount certificates in any way. This is essential for those who are starting up a new site. That way new customers can be encouraged to try out the service for cheap (or free) and the site can be populated quickly. It also means that selected customers (eg non-profit groups, friends, management etc) can be given a free service. More adverts, more site credibility. If anyone wants to discuss the parameters required for bonus vouchers I would be happy to contribute my 10 cents worth.

Meanwhile, if anyone has managed a workaround to make it possible to offer discounts on classified ads, then I would like to know. I would be pleased to contribute financially if anyone has made a plugin or patch to do this.

I hope the management/programmers will listen to these requirements. A discount system is essential for almost anything sold online, but especially for classified advertising, be it small ads or business directory listings.

Whether I buy classipress/directory themes or not depends on the answer to this question. I look forward to hear more.

Thanks
    You are correct, this is not currently an available feature, however there are plans for a coupon code module to be included in, at this stage CP v3.1 (Right now we're up to 3.0.2 with 3.0.3 soon to be released).. So it will still be some time yet, although I cannot give a specific date/time frame.

This topic has come up before though, so it's certainly something others have been working on to implement themselves..

Thread Information