Thread: Classipress integration with API.

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Classipress integration with API.

Hello everyone,

New to Wordpress, been a user of Joomla for about a year now. I really like the way Classipress is designed and is what I am looking for minus somethings that I wanted to ask before purchasing. The second question being the very important one.

1. Are members able to remove their classifieds on their own before the expiration date?
    2. I will be using Classipress for mainly books, similar to that site on your page www.myusedtext.com. Instead of each member creating the details of every book they list, is it possible for them to somehow provide the ISBN and have the data fetched from Amazon.com, Half.com, or Google Books API and this way classifieds would be organized more since its really more of a classified books site.

I'm not sure if this is the correct script I need to use but it is as close as I have found for what I would like to do. Essentially it is more similar to www.collegeswapshop.com but if I can get Classipress to have that additional feature some how I would purchase it right away. If anyone has any suggestions that may help me out I would appreciate it.

Thank you in advance for the help.

Thanks

Re: Classipress integration with API.

1. Yes, they can take down their ads at anytime via their dashboard (assuming they are registered users).
    2. You'd have to build a plugin or add-on for this type of functionality. The majority of the work would be understanding and coding the api for each site like Amazon, etc.

There might already be a plugin out there that does something similar. I know there is an Amazon WordPress plugin that pulls in product info based on your search. It's more for affiliate usage but the code leverages the api.

Thread Information