Thread: Classipress license question.

Nathan

Classipress license question.

Hi,

A software firm is offering customization services to build a website with classipress for me. They claim that their price includes the classipress license so I don't have to buy one.

My questions are:
    1. What is the difference between buying a own license Vs using one from the software firm.
    2. What are the limitations by using license from the software firm Vs own license.
    3. Will I be eligible for any future upgrades from classipress team?

Regards,
    Nathan.

Unregistered

Classipress License questions contd..

[QUOTE=Nathan;225249]Hi,

A software firm is offering customization services to build a website with classipress for me. They claim that their price includes the classipress license so I don't have to buy one.

My questions are:
    1. What is the difference between buying a own license Vs using one from the software firm.
    2. What are the limitations by using license from the software firm Vs own license.
    3. Will I be eligible for any future upgrades from classipress team?

In addition to the above questions,
    4. If I buy the license, how to give the access to other developer to customize my website? Are there any user specific roles? Can I share my login credentials? Will they make use of my license and sell it to others?

Regards,
    Nathan.

Thanks
    Hi Nathan, in answer to your questions:

1. To clarify, AppThemes licensing allows for developers to develop websites for clients using our themes, however purchasing a website with the theme installed does not automatically make you an AppThemes customer. This means you will not have access to theme updates or access to our support forums as our customers do, so if you experience issues with your theme, or are in need of an upgrade you would need to approach the developer for further help. You also cannot always be sure that the developer you are dealing with has legitimately purchased their theme in the first place.

2. As mentioned above, if you're not buying the theme yourself from AppThemes, you are essentially left to rely on the developer for future support relating to the theme.

3. As also mentioned above, buying a website with the theme installed will not automatically grant you the same access than an AppThemes customer has, so no, you would not be able to access updates from AppThemes unless you actually purchase the theme from us.

4. You wouldn't share your AppThemes login credentials, but yes you would likely need to grant them access to your website in order to do the work they need to do. You can of course set up multiple accounts in WordPress for this so they have their own credentials. If you are working with one of the AppThemes certified partners for your development work, then you know they'll be a reliable source. We can't really speak for other developers in terms of their trustworthiness, but we would recommend you do your homework before making a selection. Thanks.

Nathan

License questions contd..

Thank you Pepsi. I will go with the option to buy my own license.

My other questions are.

1. How many parent or child themes can be installed in a single website. eg., Classipress & Job roller in a single website. Will the classipress Admin console support multiple themes in a single website, if so how many?
    2. Can we install the same theme twice in a single website eg., Install Classipress twice in a single website but for different business needs. Will the classipress Admin console support two themes of same category in a single website?
    3. How will be the users details be managed for the above two scenarios from an user perspective eg., will they have SSO (Single Sign On) options to post ads, payments, manage ads etc., in both themes?

Regards,
    Nathan.

Thanks
    1. You can use only one parent theme and one child theme at a time on a single installation. You can certainly use more than one theme on a website, however you'd be looking at installing them in separate subdirectories:

e.g.
    yourdomain.com <== Your ClassiPress installation
    yourdomain.com/jobs <== Your JobRoller installation

If you wish to link the user database (allowing your customers a single login across all themes) then you should look at a WordPress multisite setup. This will also allow for easier admin between them.

2. Each theme requires its own instance of WordPress to run as described above.

3. Also answered above re: Multisite.

unregistered

Single sign on for multiple themes on the same domain.

[QUOTE=pepsi;225581]1. You can use only one parent theme and one child theme at a time on a single installation. You can certainly use more than one theme on a website, however you'd be looking at installing them in separate subdirectories:

e.g.
    yourdomain com <== Your ClassiPress installation
    yourdomain com/jobs <== Your JobRoller installation
    yourdomain com/vantage<== Your vantage installation

If you wish to link the user database (allowing your customers a single login across all themes) then you should look at a [codex.wordpress dot org/Create_A_Network"]WordPress multisite setup. This will also allow for easier admin between them.

Hi Pepsi, In regards with the above reply,

1. Is classipress capable of handling 'Single Sign On' for customers in the frontend login process with multiple version of themes as 'sub domains' installed on the same domain or is it wordpress multipress functionality which can handle this process?

2. Do we need any additional wordpress plugin or special customization to handle single sign on on multiple themes or is it by default? I do not find this details in wordpress that can support single sign on for sub domains on the same parent domain.

3. Is there a sample website or demo site that uses 'Single Sign on' for customers single login across all themes?

4. How many themes on multiple sub domains can it support on the same domain in addition to the parent domain?

Please advice.

Thanks
    1. Yes it is the WordPress Multisite setup which handles logins as our themes all use the native WordPress user function.

2. If you weren't using WordPress Multisite, yes you would need to do some additional customization or the core files in order to allow a single login. You can find a bunch of tutorials/blog posts such as this about how to go this from a Google search.

3. There may be sites in the AppThemes customer showcase which offer this, but as mentioned, this isn't actually a default function of any of our themes, so essentially it's a customization you would do with your own WordPress installation.

4. There shouldn't be limits to how many you have, but ultimately anything to do with ability handling your sites is dependent on your hosting provider. Thanks.

Thread Information