Thread: CLASSIPRESS: More Robust Search Options

Joseph

CLASSIPRESS: More Robust Search Options

I visited the following Classipress site in the showcase section and like their search function capabilities.

tirehound.ca/ads/new-tires/

(sorry...site wont let me post a url)

When I go into the widget area there is an Ad Search widget, but it seems to be the box labeled "Tire Hound Search". I am interested in adding the search field called "Refine Results" where it gives you the option to search by various criteria. Is this something the site owner had done by an outside customizer or is this a standard feature in Classipress.

Thank you.

Thanks
    The "Refine results" advanced search functionality is available by default in ClassiPress, and this appears in the category sidebar as seen on the ClassiPress demo site. You can define which custom fields are used for the search. Also, the search widget shown as "Tirehound search" is a standard widget in the theme you can use and rename. Thanks.

Joseph
    Thank you for the prompt response. I feel like an idiot because I completely missed that on the demo site.

I truly hate being "that guy" so forgive me.

It took me about 20 minutes to find out that you meant it was in the Classi dashboard area where you create a custom form, etc. Doh!

Thanks again. I couldnt believe I had an answer within minutes of posting on a friday night.

Thanks
    No problem at all ;) And it's actually Saturday night here in NZ, so it was good timing :)

Joseph
    I was playing around with this aspect of the site, but was curious about a couple of things.

The demo has two custom forms including the aforementioned search form. How come the two forms have different boxes checked. It seems that both forms can't select the same boxes which I was having a hard time understanding what the reasoning was behind that.

Additionally, how do you turn off this Refine Results search box? I could not find it. Or do you have to have it active? For the life of me, I couldn't locate the toggle off switch.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    I was playing around with this aspect of the site, but was curious about a couple of things.

The demo has two custom forms including the aforementioned search form. How come the two forms have different boxes checked. It seems that both forms can't select the same boxes which I was having a hard time understanding what the reasoning was behind that.

Additionally, how do you turn off this Refine Results search box? I could not find it. Or do you have to have it active? For the life of me, I couldn't locate the toggle off switch.
    You can create as many custom forms as you like, but each category can only be assigned to one form (I'm assuming that's what you mean about the check boxes?).

The refine results box will only appear if you set it up as described in the documentation. Thanks :)

Thread Information