Thread: Classipress Pre sale questions

Unregistered

Classipress Pre sale questions

Hi

Im really interested in using classipress but there are few things I Would like to know first, I posted a couple of questions already but not sure if they went in properly, soo

1) is there an advanced search function, so a user can search for a specific item by location, or near/local to them?
    2) Is it possible for a user to upload a sample of audio, or Video?
    3) is there a way for a buyer to leave some kind of feedback/ewview for the seller, so other users can read it?

Thanks in Advance

Martin

Thanks
    Hi Martin, I responded to your first two questions in the other thread as follows:

Quote Originally Posted by pepsi View Post
    Hi Martin, in answer to your questions:

1) Yes, ClassiPress includes an advanced search functionality which allows users to search by location or other custom fields of your choosing. You can see this on the ClassiPress demo site in the ad category sidebar as "Refine results".

2) By default, ClassiPress allows only image uploads for the ads, so anything outside of this would require customization on your part. Thanks.
    And with regards to the last question:

3) There is currently no review functionality available in ClassiPress, so this again would require customization. In future we are planning develop the StarStuck plugin from the AppThemes marketplace to allow compatibility with ClassiPress, specifically authors, which would allow this functionality, however there is no specific time frame for this. Thanks.

Unregistered
    Hi Pepsi

Thanks for the replies, Sorry for the double post..

regarding the review or feedback system, does that mean I couldn't use the star plugin now sort of thing, will it work with classipress as it is now?

Thanks

M

Thanks
    No problem ;) Although the plugin would be compatible, it currently only allows ratings on posts, comments, and pages, but it would not work on custom post types (so could not be used on ads), and does not currently apply to authors (so it won't give you the user feedback as discussed). Thanks.

Unregistered
    Ahh..

I see, thanks Pepsi..

Sigh, yours is by far the best theme, but I could really use those features. so I will stay tuned for future developments

thanks

M

Thanks
    No problem :) I'm currently awaiting further news from the development team regarding the next update of Starstruck, so will hopefully have a better idea of when the functionality you are looking for may be available. Update will be posted on the marketplace product page. Thanks.

Thread Information