Thread: Classipress Questions

MPTS Frank

Classipress Questions

Hi
    I am currently running a classified website (www.haitiontheweb.com) I am not happy with the structure of the theme. It lacks flexibility and some important features, but they have GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE. It is provided by ClassifiedsTheme.com.

1) If I get Classipress, what will happen to the data I currently have on my website? Will I be able to use it on Classipress?
    2) Can I run Classipress on Ipage.com?
    3) My community speaks 3 languages (French, Spanish, English), can I install all three?
    4) If yes, will it be possible to give my users an option to pick their language when they reach my homepage, or do I have to run three different sites?
    5) Will I have access to the HTML and CSS codes? I would like to decrease the white space, and make the featured are a little bigger.
    6) Can my users search by location and price?

MPTS Frank

One More Question I forgot to ask

Will you make classipress compatible with affiliate programs, so we can import products from sites such as amazon, ebay, commision junction, etc...?
    thanks

Unregistered
    I also want to know the answers to these questions.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 Times in 3,264 Posts
    1. You data might need some modification to conform with the custom post type structure of Classipress of which I think can be done easily since your site is still a WP based site.
    2. As long as the host support's Wordpress I believe it will work just fine.
    3-4. You can use some translations plugin for this.
    5. Yes, the themes are not encrypted and so you can definitely modify it according to your preference.
    6. Yes, the latest version of Classipress already includes an advanced search filter.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Unregistered
    Where I can see this advanced search?
    I can't find it on your demo site.

MPTS

Thanks

So, I have to get some language selector to do the job, hunn...
    In the mean time I don't mind doing just that, but I can expect to see a language selector in the future? By the way I did not see the advance future.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 Times in 3,264 Posts
    The language selector feature has already been requested at the ideas exchange page http://ideas.appthemes.com/forums/84267-classipress of which you may vote for.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thread Information