Thread: Classipress questions

Unregistered

Classipress questions

I'm considering using ClassiPress for a couple of existing sites (which run on wordpress). As i understand it I will have to use a new separate install of Wordpress for ClassiPress, which is fine.

I just have a few questions though:

1. Can the page titles + meta descriptions (for the search engines) be manually specified for each category page?

2. Can the format of the page titles + meta descriptions for the ad pages be specified ie Page Title -> [ad item name] - [ad sub-catergory] - [ad category] - [ad location]

Perhaps All in One SEO WP plugin will work with the ClassiPress theme?

3. In order to maintain my existing income stream until i have sold enough classified ads I need to be able to run PHP code to grab eBay listings in each of the ad categories. So, can i add in my own PHP code somewhere into the template that grabs the current category ID (or name) and then runs my PHP code to show related eBay items?

4. Is HTML allowed in the ad description text (H2 headings, links, bold text etc)?

5. Is there a way to edit the layout of the theme homepage so that I can add my own text content, (with HTML tags) while keeping the featured listings, category list and "just listed" items?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 Times in 3,264 Posts
    1-2. There is no admin option on this but it can be done with custom coding and or through the use of a plugin. Yes, most SEO plugins works with the theme including Yoast.

3. This will require code customization to implement.

4. Yes, there is an option on this in the Classipress admin using TinyMCE.

5. This can be done by modifying the theme files and or through child themes and hooks. The theme is not encrypted and so it can definitely modified according to your requirements.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Unregistered
    thanks for the answers, very informative.

I seem to have phrased my question No. 4 wrong it should be :

4. Is HTML allowed in the ad category description text (H2 headings, links, bold text etc)?

Thread Information