Thread: classipress speed

Unregistered

classipress speed

having tried the demo on your site it seems Veeeeeeery slow!! is this usual?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,402 Times in 3,273 Posts
    The demo site is currently using the unpatched release of Classipress and the developer is currently working on replacing it with an optimized version of it. The speed issue has already been extensively discussed in the members area of the forum.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thanks
    The patch release is scheduled for Monday, so if you check the demo again next week it should be back to normal. We have already identified a couple of the factors slowing things down in this current release. Thanks.

Unregistered
    Can you briefly explain what is causing this massive slowdown in the script. It is a bit scary that any script should run so slowly with such a small database. Thank you.

Thanks
    I understand the main culprit is the page view counter which now appears on every ad listing on the home page & category pages, but the team are still checking to make sure there aren't other factors and these will be resolved for the fix. Thanks.

Thanks
    if it helps... i have removed the page view counter and it doesnt seem to make any difference to the loading time. Hopefully mondays release of 3.0.5.2 will take care of this ;)

Unregistered
    Thanks for the info. It is a bit strange. They must be constructing a page somehow which is taking forever.

Thread Information