Thread: ClassiPress Ultimate Edition (v3.0.4)

Unregistered

ClassiPress Ultimate Edition (v3.0.4)

Hi,

So I can understand the license for this product: ClassiPress Ultimate Edition (v3.0.4)

1 - Can I set up a Multi site blog and sell customers a classified site that operates on the multi site network using your classified theme.

2 - Can I sell classified websites based on your theme that when the person buys and gives us a content theme (boats/cars for example) we set the site up using your theme for them

It is not wholly clear if the above can be done, please advise. I have read the info on your BUY page which states:

ClassiPress Ultimate Edition (v3.0.4)
    $199 for lifetime updates
    This package includes unlimited licenses to use ClassiPress on multiple Web sites as well as support for WordPress MU (Multi-User). It’s an ideal package for businesses of any size who want to run ClassiPress on WPMU as sub-blogs for their customers. The Photoshop (.psd) design files are included as well as PayPal transaction logging. You may alter the theme as you wish but support will only cover the original layout and configuration. The credit link in the footer may be removed.

Does this mean I can market ready-made classified sites and sell them complete with my hosting

Thanks in advance

Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 Times in 3,264 Posts
    If you are selling a service using the theme then I think it is just fine as long as you are not reselling it.

On the legal FAQ as quoted below, the theme cannot be resold or distributed under any circumstances.

http://appthemes.com/support/faq/

No. None of our themes may be resold or redistributed under any circumstances. This includes modifying the design and/or adding new features then attempting to resell it as your own product. Also, since this is digital media there are no refunds once your purchase has been made.
    Anyway, I will refer this thread to the developer for clarification.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Unregistered
    I look forward to further clarification before I buy thanks

Unregistered
    Hi,

Do you have an answer on this yet?

Regards

Thanks
    As this is now "GPL" you can do what you want with it.
    http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/selling.html
    "Specifically, it means that a user is free to run the program, change the program, and redistribute the program with or without changes."

Thanks
    Going back to the original post, yes you may create and sell websites for clients using the ClassiPress theme. What you're not doing is trying to sell the theme itself (i.e. selling and sending out copies of the actual theme), so this is fine.

You can find some further information on our Terms of Service page.

Thread Information