Thread: Which classipress version to buy, personal or small business?

Unregistered

Which classipress version to buy, personal or small business?

Hi,

Id like to buy classipress, but im not sure whether to buy the person edition or the small business edition.

Heres what i need it to do:

1) allow me to put banner ads along the top, and box adverts down the sides of the page, charging different prices for different sizes of advert, which are paid for through paypal?

2) I will have a paid classified ads section and a free business listing section (preferably so people can upload to both without me having to do anything. Or would the free business listings be better off included with the classified ads, so people will 'buy' a business listing for free. Can i change main headings, so it s clear that people can put a free ad in the business listig section or a paid as in the classifieds section.

3) I would like to offer all ads free for the first month. Can i then just alter the price to what i would like to charge after this?

4) i would like to offer paypal, but the personal edition does not mention paypal logging. Does this mean you cant offer paypal. When people pay through paypal do they need an account?, as im thought you dont need one now to make payments through paypal on websites.

5) at a later date i would like to add a forum, is this possible?

6) can i offer free listing if the price is under £50 for example. and charge for anything over this price? regardless of what category it is in?

7) and can i just check that when it says 'unlimited licences', it means that i can pay for classipress once and use it on more than one website

8) is it possible for me to login and delete someone's advert should i need to?

9) is it possible to offer discounts for multiple ads i.e 1 ad costs £6 or 2 for £10?

Thanks for reading :)
    Any help greatly apreciated,
    Sam

Thanks
    1) You can use plugins to manage your banner ads. ClassiPress itself has built in features to collect money for ads placed, but not actual banner ads.

2) You can create ad packages to accomodate free and paid ads, or charge per category. When you say "Main headings", if you are referring to categories, then these are all created by you, so you can choose whatever you want.

3) Yes you could certainly have all ads free to start with and then set up ad packages, or prices later. Note though, that if you set your ClassiPress admin options to allow for ad renewal, then those ads placed ads in that first month could technically be renewed for free.. so you'd probably want to turn off ad renewal at that time.

4) Yes, the Personal edition licence will allow you to collect payments via PayPal, but it doesn't include transaction logging or PayPal IPN integration, which means you can't view revenue information from your ClassiPress admin dashboard.

5) Adding a forum is a completely separate thing, and not built into ClassiPress but there is nothing stopping you from doing so by way of perhaps a subdomain link from Classipress. There are forum plugins but I cannot confirm if they are 100% compatible.

6) Your pricing options are Fixed price per ad, price per category or % of sellers ad price.

7) Yes.

8) Yes.

9) Not at this time, however there will be further enhancements to ClassiPress in the upcoming release (version 3.1), and you may wish to wait for this to be released to confirm if any of the new features will suit your needs.

Unregistered
    thats brilliant pepsi , thanks very much for your help

Thread Information