Thread: Clipper Questions

Unregistered

Clipper Questions

Here are some questions for you in regards to the Clipper Theme:

- Is it designed to integrate Google custom search into it?

- Can I integrate AddThis.com social media functionality into it? This is similar to ShareThis.com.

- Can I hide a coupon code so that it forces a visitor to click on a link or icon to "reveal" the actual code which must be used in the merchants cart? At the same time it would open up the merchants website with my affiliate link, providing the cookie necessary for sale credit. Is this supported by design?

- Are there lifetime upgrades? Lifetime email support? If not, how much are the upgrades?

- Is it integrated or will it work with Google Adsense ads?

- Are printable, code specific and link activated coupon types all support within the template?

- Are there any built in statistics for click throughs on links or coupons?

- Is there any type of built in rating system for coupon codes or offers?

- What exact formats or systems are supported for coupon feed integration?

- Last but not least, do you have any discount coupons for the theme currently?

Thanks for your help!

T

Thanks
    In answer to your questions:

1. No this is not a specific feature of the theme.
    2. This would require either use of a plugin or modification of the default theme.
    3. Yes, this is a default feature of the theme and you can set it within the Clipper admin dashboard.
    4. The initial theme purchase includes a lifetime licence and 12 months worth of theme support and updates. Once the 12 month has expired, the renewal fee for a single theme is $29 for another 12 months. More details can be found on our pricing page.
    5. Yes, there are configurable ad spots where you can use Google Adsense code.
    6. Yes.
    7. The admin dashboard shows clicks/views on the coupon admin page as shown here on the demo site.
    8. Users can vote up or down from the front end as seen on the demo site with admin info on the same admin link above.
    9. Clipper includes a .csv importing tool.
    10. The only promotions we have available at this time are those related to WordPress Hosting and AppThemes translations. Thanks.

Unregistered
    Thanks for your initial answers...Some follow-up questions:

1. What is the value of having the Photoshop (.psd) files in the developer package? How does that differ from the regular purchase?
    2. Are comments allowed next to a specific coupon by default or is this configurable on or off?
    3. So to clarify, only CSV importing is supported for feed integration with third parties?
    4. You mentioned that AddThis.com is not supported by default without a plugin or modification to the them. Is there any plugin that supports AddThis.com? I understand that ShareThis.com is supported by default. Is theme modification easy?
    5. I see the Koupon child theme is recommended for an addition to Clipper theme. I'm really not seeing a lot of specific additional enhancements listed, what exactly does it add functionality wise?
    6. So what kind of search functionality is included with this theme or does it include one built in by default at all? I'd love to be able to use Google search, which is free and powerful with ad sharing revenue abilities. Is this possible with a plugin, is there a plugin for this?

Thanks!

Unregistered
    One more for you -- When upgrading to newer versions of Clipper what settings or customizations are erased or reset? Are all basic settings and look and feel items reset and have to be redone from scratch or just major alteration directly to the code itself? And does using the child theme Koupon affect or improve this or any issues?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Thanks for your initial answers...Some follow-up questions:

1. What is the value of having the Photoshop (.psd) files in the developer package? How does that differ from the regular purchase?
    2. Are comments allowed next to a specific coupon by default or is this configurable on or off?
    3. So to clarify, only CSV importing is supported for feed integration with third parties?
    4. You mentioned that AddThis.com is not supported by default without a plugin or modification to the them. Is there any plugin that supports AddThis.com? I understand that ShareThis.com is supported by default. Is theme modification easy?
    5. I see the Koupon child theme is recommended for an addition to Clipper theme. I'm really not seeing a lot of specific additional enhancements listed, what exactly does it add functionality wise?
    6. So what kind of search functionality is included with this theme or does it include one built in by default at all? I'd love to be able to use Google search, which is free and powerful with ad sharing revenue abilities. Is this possible with a plugin, is there a plugin for this?

Thanks!
    1. The Photoshop .psd files are useful for web designers who wish to redesign the layout of the theme, as they contain all of the layout/color/size information for all of the pages used within the theme. You still need knowledge of .css in order to make use of the files though, so if this is not the case then you may not find the developer license necessary.
    2. You can disable comments via the admin dashboard if you wish.
    3. The theme includes a manual .csv importing tool, but if you're looking at automated feeds then you may like to check out the available plugins in the AppThemes marketplace.
    4. AppThemes does not officially support third party plugins so unfortunately we cannot guarantee that they are all definitely compatible with our themes, but this is not to say there aren't WordPress plugins which can't be used out of the box. In this instance though,we're not aware of any specifically for AddThis.com which are being used. Our themes are not encrypted, so there are no restrictions preventing you from making theme modifications if you have the coding knowledge to do so.
    5. The Koupon child theme is developed by one of our marketplace developers, and as with all marketplace products, you can find the features and information listed on the individual product page, and you can also use the comments tab if you wish to communicate directly with the child theme developer.
    6. The default search functionality is seen as on the Clipper demo site.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    One more for you -- When upgrading to newer versions of Clipper what settings or customizations are erased or reset? Are all basic settings and look and feel items reset and have to be redone from scratch or just major alteration directly to the code itself? And does using the child theme Koupon affect or improve this or any issues?
    When you upgrade the theme, you're essentially replacing all of the theme files so yes you should expect to lose customizations (not data/settings). The best way to manage this is by using or creating your own child theme. More information explaining the benefits of a child theme is detailed in that link. Thanks.

Unregistered
    1. In the thread below there is a mention of a new child theme you are putting out that was suppose to be released the end of last year. Did that get released and if so what is it called, where do I get it? It was suppose to be modeled after Kate's website...Shannon Dunn specifically mentions it.

http://www.appthemes.com/blog/clippe...y-coupon-site/

2. When you state, when upgrading to the next version you lose all customizations...let me clarify...does that include colors chosen, all existing coupons listed on the site have to be redone, the logo has to be re-uploaded...all the entire look and feel settings have to be redone from scratch? Or are you talking only about custom modifications outside of standard settings that are built in?

3. I assume that having a child theme such as Koupon would overcome the issues of updating and losing anything?

Thanks
    1. It hasn't been released yet, I'll check with our team regarding this.

2. When I refer to customizations, yes this is actual code changes made to the theme files, not settings which are configured within the Clipper theme admin dashboard. You should always back up your site before proceeding with any upgrade.

3. If you haven't made additional modifications, then yes, however the child theme developer would also likely need to review their product on a new version of WordPress/Clipper to ensure no issues. Thanks.

Unregistered
    Thanks, I'd be very interested in the release timeframe as it was originally due back in October so it is apparently over 3 months behind according to the thread. Please advise, thank you! I don't want to buy one child them then have yours released that offers something I'd rather use...

Quote Originally Posted by pepsi View Post
    1. It hasn't been released yet, I'll check with our team regarding this.

2. When I refer to customizations, yes this is actual code changes made to the theme files, not settings which are configured within the Clipper theme admin dashboard. You should always back up your site before proceeding with any upgrade.

3. If you haven't made additional modifications, then yes, however the child theme developer would also likely need to review their product on a new version of WordPress/Clipper to ensure no issues. Thanks.

Thread Information