Thread: Confused between classipress and vantage

Manish

Confused between classipress and vantage

I want to start a website for fashion industry. I want the modelling agencies to register and post their model profiles as seperate listings in categories female models, male models, kid models. I also want the freelance models to register but they should be able to post just one listing (not more).
    So should I choose classipress or Vantage. I know it would require bit of customisation. But what would suit best ?

Thanks
    Both themes will allow users to register and post listings in various categories created by you, with both having custom form functionality available (so that you can create a custom listing form based on the category selected). However, at this time currently only ClassiPress allows searching by custom fields as well, and depending on whether or not you will make use of custom fields, this could be important. Both would require some amount of customization e.g. ClassiPress, to remove price tag icon, and Vantage to remove reviews (if required). Thanks.

Manish
    Thannks for the reply. I think classipress would suit me.
    Can you tell me the differences between Standard and Developer license ? On the theme page only very brief overview is mentioned and the difference seems to be just of PSD files.

carlojpf

Which is better

Quote Originally Posted by pepsi View Post
    Both themes will allow users to register and post listings in various categories created by you, with both having custom form functionality available (so that you can create a custom listing form based on the category selected). However, at this time currently only ClassiPress allows searching by custom fields as well, and depending on whether or not you will make use of custom fields, this could be important. Both would require some amount of customization e.g. ClassiPress, to remove price tag icon, and Vantage to remove reviews (if required). Thanks.

Hello I am also not sure which theme to purchase
    I am going to launch a website os resorts listings which one will be better classipress or vantage?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Manish View Post
    Thannks for the reply. I think classipress would suit me.
    Can you tell me the differences between Standard and Developer license ? On the theme page only very brief overview is mentioned and the difference seems to be just of PSD files.
    That's correct, the difference is that the developer license includes the Photoshop .psd files and the standard license does not. The files are useful for web designers who wish to redesign the layout of the theme, as they contain all of the layout/color/size information for all of the pages used within the theme. You still need knowledge of .css in order to make use of the files, so if you do not, then you may not find a use for them. You can also always upgrade from standard to developer at a later date if you do need the files.

Quote Originally Posted by carlojpf View Post
    Hello I am also not sure which theme to purchase
    I am going to launch a website os resorts listings which one will be better classipress or vantage?
    This ultimately depends on the functionality you're looking for, however as Vantage is specifically designed for use as a directory, this will likely offer more of what you need (for example, ratings). Both can be modified to suit though, if you need to make changes. Thanks.

Manish
    Pepsi thanks for replying however I still need to understand if there is any other difference in license of Standard or Developer ?
    Like both say unlimited websites - so that means we can use it to develop as many websites as we want for our clients ?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Manish View Post
    Pepsi thanks for replying however I still need to understand if there is any other difference in license of Standard or Developer ?
    Like both say unlimited websites - so that means we can use it to develop as many websites as we want for our clients ?
    Other than the Photoshop files, no. Both license types allow installation on multiple sites/domains. Thanks.

Thread Information