Thread: Considering Buying - I have a few questions

Unregistered

Considering Buying - I have a few questions

Hi i am considering buying Classipress I have a few questions though

1. Can I edit the source code for the small business edition ( $ 99 )
    2. I will be using AED ( united arab emirates ) currency , I hope that will not be an issue since its not going to be a symbol like $
    3. My most imp question -

I will be doing two installations of classipress a. general classifieds- call it site A
    b. real estate rental classifieds - Call it site B
    Site A will have a category of - real estate rental
    I would like to use the category (real estate rental ) of database of site A for site B.

is this possible - ofcourse i would be willing to pay for the extra coding. any ideas on the approximate costs invovled.

4. I am aware not all the widgets of WP is compatible with classipress - do you have a list or certian parameters of the ones that work.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 Times in 3,264 Posts
    1. Yes you can edit the codes since there are no encrypted files in Classipress.
    2. Currently, the available currencies are only those supported by paypal being the main payment gateway. However, you can implement your own currency through custom coding.

3. This would require some serious coding. The Appthemes development team are not currently available for customization work as they are more focus on theme development. However, you can avail the services of some of Appthemes certified partner here Certified WordPress Theme Partners | AppThemes or some other users offering their services at the Theme Services section of this forum WordPress Theme Services | AppThemes Forum.

4. The default WP widgets are working just fine in Classipress though some may require some modifications.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Unregistered

Clarification on point 2

Thanks for the answers.

Regarding point 2 - I do not need paypal transaction. I only need I know if I can list the items as AED xxxx.

Thanks
    Yes you can set your own currency for the listings via the ClassiPress admin, as you can see in the demo. The reason Jomark mentioned PayPal is because collecting payments for the ads being placed can only be done in the supported currencies you see from the dropdown list. I hope this clarifies it :)

Thread Information