Thread: Considering your classified theme

Unregistered

Considering your classified theme

Hi There,

I just wasted money on trying to customise a directory press theme, I am considering using your theme instead

So here what I need to know

*Can your themes be built around one category? ie say I want a directory with just one type of listing will your theme support it?
    * Do emails sent via the site push to listing owners, or do they need to log in to see any messages
    * Do you have a claim listing feature

Thanks in advance for your help

Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 Times in 3,264 Posts
    - Yes you can just put one category.
    - They are sent through the listing owners emails as the Classipress theme has no internal messaging feature yet.
    - No "claim listing feature" yet but it has been requested at ideas exchange page AppThemes Ideas Exchange where users can vote for its priority of implementation..
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thanks
    Can we also add sub-categories herehttp://www.imagicon.info/cat/5-5/1.gif?I'm very interested in having it.

Unregistered

Internal Messaging system

DO you have any developers who are approved by App themes, that may be able to integrate an internal messaging system?

Thanks
    You can check some of Appthemes certified partners here Certified WordPress Theme Partners | AppThemes .

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    DO you have any developers who are approved by App themes, that may be able to integrate an internal messaging system?
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thanks
    Yes you can add sub-categories.

Quote Originally Posted by brainmaniac View Post
    Can we also add sub-categories herehttp://www.imagicon.info/cat/5-5/1.gif?I'm very interested in having it.

Unregistered

city, state, zipcode

how does classipress handle having several different catigorys. say i want to list restaurants by cuisine but then also by city, state, zipcode. how does the search handle this. I currently am using directorypress and it has a few issues with this. Say i want to do the opposite. list by city, state, then allow users to view by types of vegetables. would i make the vegetables catigorys or tags. and is there a way to make them both easily search able.

Jon

Forkintable.com

Thanks
    To give you a better idea of how it works, the advanced search functionality in ClassiPress is located within the category search.. If you look here at the ClassiPress demo for example, to the right you will see the "refine results" box.. these fields are based on what you custom fields want to include in that refine search box.. so if you created a custom field "Vegetable Type" and created a checkbox/dropdown list, you can add this as well..

Unregistered

transering thems

Thank you for the clarification on the catigorys. If i switch my directory press theme to your classipress theme.

1. will i loose my catigorys?
    2. will i loose my post or have to redo them . because the fields may be different?

Thread Information