Thread: A couple of queries before I purchase Clipper

RyanVega

A couple of queries before I purchase Clipper

Hi,

I quite like the look of clipper but have a few questions before buying.

1. is it possible to change the URL structure for the store pages so they just appear as www.mysite.com/storename instead of www.mysite.com/stores/storename

Basically I want to get rid of the "/store" part?

2. From looking through the free forum it seems there have been quite a few issues with people being unable to upload coupons from the affiliate networks. Basically I just want to be able to download coupons in a CSV from networks such as Affiliate Window and Webgains etc then upload them into clipper, is this realistic? I don't want to be spending hours getting new coupons into the site every day.

Thanks, any help appreciated.

Ryan

Thanks
    Thanked 3,402 Times in 3,273 Posts
    1. Clipper uses custom taxonomies and so the base url "stores" is required for it to work. There may be some plugins for this but it can also be done through code customization.

2. Clipper has a built in importer for CSV but the formatting of the source .csv file must be mapped correctly otherwise the import tool will not work. There is a .csv template provided for this purpose. Yes, it would require some work to make importing seamless depending on the source data.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thread Information