Thread: A couple of questions before I click "buy"

Thanks

A couple of questions before I click "buy"

I like the theme, and was hoping to use it for a niche article directory. To do this I need to be confident that I can;

a) Change the "Submit" form to remove pricing info etc, as users will just be submitting articles.
    b) Change wording on the site to reflect "Articles" instead of "Ads". - For example; "Article Categories" and "Manage Articles" and "Post an Article".
    c) Can I make it compulsory to upload an image for each article?
    d) Do the plugins in the demo come out of the box, or are there customisations needed to make them look like the demo?

Thanks in advance for helping me out here. I know that almost anything is possible with Wordpress, so in answering it would be great if you could indicate how easy/hard it will be to make the changes.

Also, any comments on how viable you think it is to use this theme for an article directory. Any showcases for others who have done that?

Cheers.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 Times in 3,264 Posts
    This can be done by using custom form.
    a) Change the "Submit" form to remove pricing info etc, as users will just be submitting articles.
    Possible but will require code modification and or through the use of child themes.
    b) Change wording on the site to reflect "Articles" instead of "Ads". - For example; "Article Categories" and "Manage Articles" and "Post an Article".
    No default option on this but can be done through code modification as what other users have done.
    c) Can I make it compulsory to upload an image for each article?
    The theme will work out of the box without the need of the plugins as in the demo page. Third party plugins are all not guaranteed to work and will may require code modification to make them compatible with the theme's functions.
    d) Do the plugins in the demo come out of the box, or are there customisations needed to make them look like the demo?
    A knowledge in php, html, css, java and etc will definitely come handy for the theme modification as mentioned above. If you are not comfortable doing it yourself you can hire the services of an experienced coder to do it for you. You can contact some of Appthemes certified community partners here http://www.appthemes.com/partners/ for customization jobs.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thanks
    Thank you for getting back to me.

Thread Information