Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Couple of questions for the Mods..............

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Couple of questions for the Mods..............

Hi

I am thinking about buying the Classipress theme Developers licence.

I have a couple of queries which I hope one of u guys may be kind enough to answer.

1) We prefer the directory structure like Craigslist or gumtree
    i.e Items for Sale
    - Baby & Kids
    - CD's & DVD's etc

At the moment ver 2.9 the menus appear messy , on ver 3 they seem to be tidy.
    Will this be corrected on the new version as it will save us unneccessary coding?

2) Is there any built-in SEO??

3) We are UK based , will the paypal currency be compatible with £sterling?
    Are the US fields such as State etc changeable to County?

4) We want national coverage, to encompass most UK cities. Such as Newyork.Classipress.com or classipress.com/newyork , with a list of cities on the right. Is this something ver3 will support or is it something we will have to code??

5) On a lot of the Classipress sites , when u highlight an ad the arrow DOESn't change to a finger pointer which may lead some users NOT to click. Is this a problem inherent on all sites????

6) Is there a similar option to gumtree who have a slider @ top for Featured ADS, where they charge £19.99 per 7 days?
    Our model will be FREE ads and to charge for featured and promoted ads.

Does CP support any type of monetisation like this?

7) Does CP support RSS feeds from say property websites? i.e. live auto population of ads to help us grow in the early days

I really like the theme and think it will do us for what we need and more than likely will buy it ,but would like the queries answered

Many Thanx

:D

Thanks

Re: Couple of questions for the Mods..............

I will answer these as best I can, and if anyone wants to chime in they will hopefully do so :D

1) You mention that you can see that 3.0 is tidier than 2.9, so to be honest I'm not sure what you mean by "will it be corrected in the next version"? 3.0 is the next version to be released in the near future.

2) Mentioned in the ClassiPress product features page: http://wpclassipress.com/features/

Improved SEO – We understand the importance of search engine optimization (SEO). That’s why we’ve baked in enhancements to help your site rank better.
    Obviously you can use a number of the available Wordpress SEO plugins available as well to further enchance this.

3) Yes, Pounds Sterling is an option currently available in the payment settings. As for regional information, this is to be implemented in the next release of ClassiPress (3.0), and yes it will include region data by Country. You can read more about it in this thread: http://wpclassipress.com/forum/viewt...&t=1833&p=8337

4) Assuming you are talking about a setup similar to this? http://www.roomlah.com/. Then yes, it's possible. Of course there will be coding involved.

Thanks

5) I don't know the answer this one sorry, probably a question for the CP owner.. will try and get some feedback on this.

6) Currently you can have both free and paid ads, but I believe version 3.0 will introduce more options in this area - such as pay $xx for xx days..

7) I can't say I know a lot about how the RSS feeds work, so probably another question for someone else who uses the feature to clarify.

Hope this clears up some of your questions in the meanwhile until I can confirm the other 2 questions I'm not sure about. :D

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Hi Pepsi

Thanx for that.

One more question is ,

How much more different is this theme from the FREE buddypress plugin.

???

Thanx

Thanks

I've never seen this plugin. The website doesn't seem to have much information, like screenshots and such, though I was a little impatient.
    The first distinction I can see is that it is only for WPMU (Wordpress multi user) which in my experience is horrible unless it works first time. There's all sorts of server tweaking to make it work and I never could so I abandoned it. It clearly isn't going to work on a standard wordpress blog since they stipulate WPMU.
    The second distinction is that this is a plugin and not a theme like classipress. I would, therefore, doubt it has the flexibility, though I may be wrong.
    For me, the fact that it's only for WPMU is a complete show-stopper.

Thanks

I haven't seen it before either, but I don't think it's comparable really? I can't imagine it's going to be as comprehensive as ClassiPress which is a theme created especially for this purpose, as opposed to just a component you can add to a social networking site.

Thanks

Just trying to get some clarification about the RSS question.. but for question number 5, the in the last release of CP 2.9.3 there was a fix for the issue of the arrow not changing to a hand in IE. The demo shows that this works http://wpclassipress.com/demo/

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tak786
    Hi Pepsi

Thanx for that.

One more question is ,

How much more different is this theme from the FREE buddypress plugin.

???

Thanx
    What plugin are you referring to, buddypress plugin is made to be a social networking site like myspace, not a classified site.
    Eric is best known in the forum for his in depth tutorials. He started in design 4 years ago and then discovered WordPress and has been coding and hacking themes and plugins ever since. He's quite helpful if you have any questions for him in the forum. Eric also makes his own WordPress themes and plugins and provides ClassiPress consulting on the side. David Cowgill - (Owner of Classipress)

Thanks

Sorry, my bad.. He was referring to the Classifieds plugin they now have for Buddypress.. I removed the link.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pepsi
    Sorry, my bad.. He was referring to the Classifieds plugin they now have for Buddypress.. I removed the link.
    you mean someone got buddypress to run long enough to make a plugin?
    Eric is best known in the forum for his in depth tutorials. He started in design 4 years ago and then discovered WordPress and has been coding and hacking themes and plugins ever since. He's quite helpful if you have any questions for him in the forum. Eric also makes his own WordPress themes and plugins and provides ClassiPress consulting on the side. David Cowgill - (Owner of Classipress)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information