Thread: Credit system and User/Multiple Categories

Unregistered

Credit system and User/Multiple Categories

Hello,

I have few questions about this product, and if possibly such features could be implemented.

1) A user posted this in previous thread. I will quote him:
    Quote Originally Posted by midwestbonsai View Post
    Hello,
    With this theme could one charge for posting a listing.
    Could be be on a credit based system? But 100 credits for $50....then each add would cost 1 credit?

Also can this theme work on a multisite install of wordpress 3?
    THanks!
    It would be great if a member could buy let's say 5 credits and then post ... instead of going thru the checkout process multiple times. I think a lot of sites like rapidshare, hotfile implement such system.

2) Categories:
    Let's say I have a user that wants to post a book. The book will fall under "Biology" category. I would like the user to select let's say the "school". So in essence there are 2 categories the book is in.
    This way the a person looking for a book could BROWSE by School, also he could browse by subject such as BIOLOGY which would yield results from all schools.

Also it would be great if upon submission of the ad, the user can add his OWN category. Let's say there is no "Biology" or his school is not listed, he can add it.

Now this is a request here. But is there a plugin or a easy way to implement such system?
    Any feedback would be appreciated. I think you guys/gals did a great job here.

Sincerely,

Future Customer

Thanks
    1) A shopping cart type feature is something that has been posted on the AppThemes ideas forum as a feature request, and being taken into consideration by our development team for a future release. It is definitely a popular request receiving plenty of votes from our community. At this moment though, it is not part of ClassiPress.

2) Again, not a current feature of ClassiPress to allow ad posting in multiple categories, but another feature request submitted.

For both of these things at the moment, you would be looking at a fair amount of customization of the theme, and I'm not sure of any plugins which would do the job that are definitely compatible with ClassiPress.

M4d3L
    Any news about this feature 1 year later?

Thank.

Thread Information