Thread: Custom Fields Number limitation

Unregistered

Custom Fields Number limitation

Hi,

My question appears to have been asked already "Maximum Number of Custom Fields?" but I can't access the answer!

So, is there a limit to the number of custom fields that can be created, and will a large number (need approximately 18-20 data collection fields) affect database performance (premiumpress told me that 15 was their limit - after I purchased the theme :( and that I could not increase this without modifying the theme and if I did do, database accesses would slow down the site!

Also, is there a problem with using the P Custom Fields Search plugin - I saw that custom field search is not yet inbuilt and somebody else asked about using it, but as I'm not registered I cannot see the answer!

Thanks

Thanks
    No, there isn't a limit to the number of custom fields you can create, and I don't believe 18-20 is going to cause you performance issues.

When it comes to plugins, if it's not on the recommended list of plugins, it's up to the individual whether they want to test it out. In that instance they wanted to be able to search multiple fields at once (i.e. price and make). At present you can use the search field to look for a specific keyword.

The upcoming release of ClassiPress (v3.1) which is due out shortly, is going to see further improvements to the search function, but specifics of this have not yet been released outside of what is seen on the blog.

Unregistered

Custom Fields Number limitation

Hi Pepsi, Thanks!

Thread Information