Thread: Custom User Registration and also Custom/Tag/Location based Search & Filter

Thanks

Custom User Registration and also Custom/Tag/Location based Search & Filter

Hi,

Great job on your themes! They are great.

I am interested in purchasing Classipress and had a couple of questions and concerns about certain functionality I am trying to achieve:

When users register is it possible to require additional custom fields that will also be stored in their profile or the database. For example, a dropdown where users select their State or an Organization they are affiliated with. Basically it would be a way of organizing & grouping users together for use later. This would be useful for the next part of my question...

In my scenario, all users can post Ads and search for Ads. They can view all ads regardless of how they are tagged. But they can only post ads to or with the specific tag they are affiliated with. Is it possible to automatically tag Ads with whichever custom field is associated with their profile? For example, in the example above, User A registered and selected Texas in a custom dropdown box. Now, whenever User A posts an Ad, it is automatically tagged with Texas. (Not in the title or body of the Ad, but as a separate property or attribute).

Then, when another user searches for Ads they can filter the results by "Texas". Or if you press a button that says "Texas" it will search for and show only the Ads posted by users who are in the Texas group. They are in the Texas group because they selected Texas as their affiliation when registering. Make sense?

So, this is not exactly searching by location, but by a specific tag or marker which every user has or chooses when they register and gets associated with every Ad they post on the website. Searching by location would be a separate function.

Is it possible to filter search results? Is it possible to search ads by a specific tag? Is it possible to search by location?

Are there any Plugins you would recommend to add this functionality. Will any of it be available in Classipress 3.1?

I have read a bit in other threads about Advanced Search and it seems that this would handle the search aspect of it. Will it be possible to create pages which show results for specific search queries?

I apologize if this is confusing and its a ton of questions. I would just like to be thorough.

Please feel free to ask me any questions. Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 Times in 3,264 Posts
    Some of the feature you have mentioned may require some form of customization to implement with Classipress specifically the profile custom fields.

The advanced search feature of version 3.1 may already have what you are looking for. You may just wait for the final version release so you can test out the demo.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thread Information