Thread: Customisation

Unregistered

Customisation

I am just about to purchase Classipress but have the following questions:

1. Does it just use 1 database?

2. If running on a test site eg. www.yourdomain.com/TEST/index.php is it as easy to transfer to www.yourdomain.com/index.php like other wordpress themes or is there more involved?

3. I wish to make many customisations to both the css and the php. How can I do so, is there a certain folder or way in which I can make changes so that I will not have problems if an upgrade becomes available.
    eg. I don't want to have to remember every change that I have made

Thanks in advance

Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 Times in 3,264 Posts
    1. As a wordpress theme, it uses only 1 database.
    2. This will require minor changes in the database option entry particularly the url reference.
    3. You can child theme so your changes will not be overwritten when update comes. Here's the official codex on child themes http://codex.wordpress.org/Child_Themes.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Unregistered
    Thank you for your reply

3. This all makes perfect sense although how would I integrate and call a new bit of php code or add in php code in a certain place of an existing php file?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 Times in 3,264 Posts
    We have tutorials on child themes http://www.appthemes.com/blog/classi...torial-part-1/ that could may help you on it. If you are not familiar how it works, it is recommended that you seek assistance from an experienced programmer for its proper implementation.

Please take note that the theme is not encrypted and so it can be modified accordingly.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thread Information