Thread: customization

Unregistered

customization

hi,

is it easy to customize the search bar for the vantage theme the like instead of "search for" i will change it to some other keywords,

do i need to hire a coder for this?

thank you

Thanks
    We use WordPress localization in all our themes. If you needed to change the language, it would not be too hard to do so. In fact, we have many translations already available on our website.

On the other hand, if you simply wanted to have different terminology - for example, change "Search for" to "Find this" - you would probably want to modify it. You can easily customize our themes but we always recommend modifying or customizing with child themes. You might need to know a little HTML/CSS/PHP to make this customization, but not much.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    We use WordPress localization in all our themes. If you needed to change the language, it would not be too hard to do so. In fact, we have many translations already available on our website.

On the other hand, if you simply wanted to have different terminology - for example, change "Search for" to "Find this" - you would probably want to modify it. You can easily customize our themes but we always recommend modifying or customizing with child themes. You might need to know a little HTML/CSS/PHP to make this customization, but not much.
    Hello,

Sorry I am really new with wordpress, i would really like to buy this theme, although i have made a few changes with my first wordpress site on the stylesheet,

just like to ask if i can change the the "search for" on the stylesheet(editor)

thanks!

Thanks
    You could modify this directly in the WordPress editor. Not in the CSS but in one of the template files. The only problem is that your edits would be overwritten every time you updated the theme. We encourage people to use child themes.

Thread Information