Thread: Customizing Categories and Sub-categories

DaMacNut

Customizing Categories and Sub-categories

Hello ... we are interested in purchasing ClassiPress for use on our Apple® product-oriented website.

We would like to use ClassiPress to allow our fan community to sell and trade Apple® computer products and accessory items with one another.

Please pardon this very basic question, but we would like to create main categories such as "Mac", "iPod", "iPhone", "iPad", etc.

As an example, under category name "iPod", we would like to have SUB-categories "Shuffle", "Nano", "Classic" and "Touch".

This is all possible using your admin system I presume? Likewise, we would like to have unique sub-categories for "Mac", "iPhone", "iPad" and all other main category listings.

Please confirm that this is all indeed possible - I did some searching but couldn't find the answer I was looking for.

Thank you in advance!

Thanks
    Yes, ClassiPress makes use of the standard feature of WordPress which allows you to create whatever, and however many categories and subcategories you require.

Unregistered

Thanks "pepsi" ... one more question ...

Quote Originally Posted by pepsi View Post
    Yes, ClassiPress makes use of the standard feature of WordPress which allows you to create whatever, and however many categories and subcategories you require.
    Sounds great ... I knew that was the answer, but just wanted to ask it for final confirmation ...

Now ONE other question:

With regards to the installation of the system, if we want to run the system as an adjunct to our main Wordpress website, which happens to be installed in a directory called "site" (www.ourdomain.com/site) and we want to install ClassiPress, we would need to install it in a separate directory installation of Wordpress, such as in our case, www.ourdomain.com/classifieds ... correct?

But there's no other way to integrate it into our original installation of Wordpress, correct? I assume not, but again, just for confirmation ... thanks!

Thanks
    Correct, if you use the ClassiPress theme it will take over from any existing theme you may be using... It's not a plugin which can be integrated. So a subdomain is the ideal situation if you have an existing website such as yours :)

Thanks
    Hi Guest,

You mean a site like this?
    http://vendoapple.com

In the menu bar you can see the categories (Categorķas) the way you say.

Regards,
    Ruben

Quote Originally Posted by DaMacNut View Post
    Hello ... we are interested in purchasing ClassiPress for use on our Apple® product-oriented website.

We would like to use ClassiPress to allow our fan community to sell and trade Apple® computer products and accessory items with one another.

Please pardon this very basic question, but we would like to create main categories such as "Mac", "iPod", "iPhone", "iPad", etc.

As an example, under category name "iPod", we would like to have SUB-categories "Shuffle", "Nano", "Classic" and "Touch".

This is all possible using your admin system I presume? Likewise, we would like to have unique sub-categories for "Mac", "iPhone", "iPad" and all other main category listings.

Please confirm that this is all indeed possible - I did some searching but couldn't find the answer I was looking for.

Thank you in advance!

r u b e n c i o . c o m

Since 2010 providing AppThemes solutions,
    Plugins and the best childthemes...

Thread Information