Thread: Data import for Vantage 1.2

Jason B.

Data import for Vantage 1.2

I know that Vantage is setting to be released in 1-2 weeks. I am thinking about buying the current version now to get started on my project, which will include building and populating a data import file.

My question is.... will the data import structure (format, data elements) be any different for version 1.2 than for the current version? What I'm wondering is if I will be wasting my time building a data import file now because either the data structure for v1.2 will be different (unlikely) or there will be additional data elements that I would then need to go back through all my data rows to update (possible). If I'm better off waiting, I'll just wait. But if I can go ahead and get started, then I think I'll go ahead and buy the current version and upgrade in a week or two.

Thanks,
    Jason

Thanks
    The import tool itself will not change between versions, and on a related note you may wish to check out this documentation if you're looking at customizing the importer. Thanks.

Jason B.

RE: Data import for Vantage 1.2

But will there be additional data elements (i.e., new fields) associated with listings for the new 1.2 version? Sometimes when new functionality is added, new fields (some required, some optional) are created along with that new functionality. I was just wondering if that is the case with Vantage 1.2, because if I go ahead and spend the time building an import file now using the current template, and then new fields are released as part of v1.2, then I will have to go back through the entire data file again. Does that make sense?

Thanks!

Jason

Thanks
    There is an events feature added to Vantage in v1.2, so there is now an example .csv file for those listings which contain events. Meanwhile you still have the listing .csv and listings-with-attachments .csv example files and the fields in those haven't changed. Thanks.

Thread Information