Thread: Developer Changes

Thanks

Developer Changes

Hi, I'm a wordpress deveoper... or rather I develop themes and plugins for the wordpress base code. I have a few questions before I purchase.

How hard (or can you point me in the right direction) do you think it would be to
    1. "charge money for custom fields". So as an example, I'm posting a CAR and I want to inlclude the TELEPHONE number into its custom field and when I enter a number into the field it ads $1.99 to the price. You actually already do this for the "featured listing" idea but I want to take this to the 2nd power.
    2. Change how purchases effect the users by allowing them to purchase "credits" which are used to post ads. It would be easy to obviously just ad a new field to the user called "credits", and also easy to "take away credits" as they post ads. Wondering how/where the "purchase success" function is so I can change it to "increase number of credits" and where the "post/submit an ad" function is so I can tell that to "reduce credits or fail if no credits exist".

Maybe I'll build a "plugin" for your plugin that ads the funcitonality I need in my classifieds project. I already have classifieds website up but I'm considering converting to your "wordpress" based classifieds as it will be MUCH easier for me to modify in the future. You can see, test it, and use it at http://mytacksales.com/ in case you want to see how the "credits" work as currency for posting ads (you get 20 credits for registering so you can try it for free).

You thoughts? 8-)
    ~ Seth Carstens, Sethmatics Inc.

Thanks

Re: Developer Changes

No answers to my questions?
    ~ Seth Carstens, Sethmatics Inc.

Thread Information