Thread: Are developers readily for customization jobs?

Unregistered

Are developers readily for customization jobs?

Hi,

I don't have access to the other forums so there is no way for me to gauge whether there are developers and designers readily available for customization work. I am primarily interested in work that I may need to customize the plugin functionality especially if 3.1 does not come with geo proximity searches. I did contact one of the partners on the Apptheme list and never received a reply. Thanks for the feedback.

Rich

Thanks
    I'm disappointed to hear you haven't heard back from them, I am aware they can be quite busy with requests, but still, I would at least expect some acknowledgement that you have made contact. How long ago did you email them? Have you considered making contact with another business from the list?

Obviously the businesses on the list are considered "certified" because they have proven to produce great work, but they are independent from AppThemes and our input goes as far as the initial referral.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by pepsi View Post
    I'm disappointed to hear you haven't heard back from them, I am aware they can be quite busy with requests, but still, I would at least expect some acknowledgement that you have made contact. How long ago did you email them? Have you considered making contact with another business from the list?

Obviously the businesses on the list are considered "certified" because they have proven to produce great work, but they are independent from AppThemes and our input goes as far as the initial referral.
    I actually called them up and left a message with the person who answered the phone. This was last Thurs. morning and have not heard back from them. I contacted them because of specific functional mods that I might need depending upon the features of release 3.1. In particular the ability to manage regional listings since my domain had nationwide reach and I would like to have the ability to go beyond a single city center.

Since I cannot observe the activity in the other forum areas, I do not know whether there are other developers available who have experience with these types of customization requests.

Thanks again for your support,
    Rich

Unregistered

Hi Rich

One of the AppThemes Certified Partners is Firestorm who built a Custom Search bar into their own classipress site named PostPanda.com.

Check it out, you may be interested in a custom search feature / function like they have created for classipress.

NOW, if only they would incorporate a custom search feature with the same or similar functionality into the themes themselves we would be well on our way to a much better product as far as I am concerned.

Note: On the classipress blog it says that v3.1 will have "Advanced search which includes radius option"

I wonder if it will look like this one does. http://www.cruiserexchange.com/

Personally, I prefer the custom search bar on PostPanda.com.

How about you?

tbase

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I actually called them up and left a message with the person who answered the phone. This was last Thurs. morning and have not heard back from them. I contacted them because of specific functional mods that I might need depending upon the features of release 3.1. In particular the ability to manage regional listings since my domain had nationwide reach and I would like to have the ability to go beyond a single city center.

Since I cannot observe the activity in the other forum areas, I do not know whether there are other developers available who have experience with these types of customization requests.

Thanks again for your support,
    Rich

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    One of the AppThemes Certified Partners is Firestorm who built a Custom Search bar into their own classipress site named PostPanda.com.

Check it out, you may be interested in a custom search feature / function like they have created for classipress.

NOW, if only they would incorporate a custom search feature with the same or similar functionality into the themes themselves we would be well on our way to a much better product as far as I am concerned.

Note: On the classipress blog it says that v3.1 will have "Advanced search which includes radius option"

I wonder if it will look like this one does. http://www.cruiserexchange.com/
    Hi there tbase,

Yes, Firestorm was the Partner that I contacted. Never heard from them so I imagine they are busy. Besides the search feature, I am looking for a function to send a text message to a cell phone from the classified. Have you run into anyone that can customize the ClassiPress code?

I would prefer the Pandpost approach since it mimics the Yelp theme and which means that a very large number of users have been trained to look for the search bar at the top of the theme.

If you come up with any additional info concerning Partners and developers I would very much appreciate hearing about it.

Hope you are enjoying your weekend,

Rich

Personally, I prefer the custom search bar on PostPanda.com.

How about you?

tbase[/QUOTE]

Thanks
    Hi Rich,

Sorry for the randomness of this post, i just happened across it. I remember your call, and I did give you a call back the next day and left a voice mail with my return info, but never heard back from you. If you still need help, please give me a call.

thanks and sorry for any inconvenience.

Cecil
    http://www.postpanda.com - Inkless ads. Better Classifieds.

Thread Information