Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: difference between developer and standard edition

Unregistered

difference between developer and standard edition

i didn't see much of a difference between the developer and standard edition, could some one please tell me what are the advantages that i get if i take a developer account

Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 Times in 3,264 Posts
    The main difference is the PSD files which are of great help to designers if they want to redesign the theme.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thanks
    jomarkosabel,

Thanks for your reply. However, I'm still confused about this. I'm considering purchasing the theme and this is an important issue for me, therefore I need some clarifications to help make a decision.

1- Does that mean that in the developer version you provide some designs in PSD format or that one can upload his/her own PSD file?

2- Can one use his/her own PSD file in the standard version to redesign the theme?

3- Can the theme be redesigned with other types of files (other than PSD)?

Thanks

Thanks
    1-2. The PSD is just the original theme design template and it is not part of the working theme nor it has to be uploaded.
    3. You can definitely modify the theme as there are no encrypted codes in it.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thanks
    OK, I guess I didn't explain myself clearly.

I understand that the PSD is the original theme design template and is not part of the working theme.

I also understand that the working theme can be modified in any way as there are no encrypted codes.

My question applies exclusively to the theme design template (appearance):

Can that be changed without the use of PSD files (I'm assuming so using CSS for example)?

If so, what are the advantages of the developer version?

Thanks

Thanks
    You can definitely change the design without the PSD files. It is just some web designers needs a base template for redesigns. The advantage of having the PSD file really depends upon ones web development workflow.

Unregistered

sorry to bud in.. maybe I can help explain..

The .psd files are great for anyone, because it saves time. On the standard version you would have to upload all your image files somewhere, modify them individually, then save them over the existing images, upload them ect.. Which usually takes a lot of time. As a developer, time is money.. .psd files come very handy, because all the line margins, colour settings, and size are already there, ready to open in PhotoShop and let the creative juices flow.. then save and upload. For the extra price it's defiantly a plus, especially when designers pop out websites every day like clock work. Comes handy. Anyways.. my 2 cent.. keep up the good work guys.

Thanks
    Thanks for your input "Guest". Besides the additional time needed to complete the work without the PSD files, does that also affect the uploading time of the website pages or not?

Thanks

Thanks
    I'm not quite sure what you're asking here? The default stylesheets load fine, so we can't really speak for the changes you may potentially make as to whether or not this will cause issues with page load speed?

Thanks
    Thanks Pespi.

If "Guest" could please give me his/her "2 cent" on this too I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information